Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting an Idoc with Multiple Headers and Multiple Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario like this fileXIIdoc

Invoice file comes in text file with multiple header and multiple lines like this

111 aaa 13214234 US (header)

09082010 ABC 9999 A (Line)

222 ccc 43454543 US (header)

09082010 XYZ 7777 B (Line)

09082010 PQR 8888 C (Line)

I need to post single Idoc with all the headers and lines

we are planning to use Custom Idoc,Is this possible by having the header segment as unbounded??

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Sep 8, 2010 8:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thats depend of the IDocs you are ussing, if by defualt is not allowed then you should create a custom IDoc.

another posibity is send in many IDocs as headers and details. to do that you have to export the IDoc to ERS, export the XSD and manullay change the occurrance of the header segment. then to configure it is normally.

if many IDocs are created as result of the message mapping you can use Message packaging to improve the performance.

let us know the best solution you apply for it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Creating separate Idoc for each record is also one solution but not agreed for that

Client is expecting single Idoc per entire file.

Is it possible using custom Idoc?? Please let me know

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Sep 8, 2010 9:28 PM

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes is possible, just edit the custom IDoc and modify the occurance for header and details. also you have to consider to add aditional fields (if apply) to identify wich details corresponds which what header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heloo,

>>just edit the custom IDoc and modify the occurance for header and details.

Any how Details segment will have the occurrence as unbounded. As this is the custom Idoc if we can just give the Header segment as unbounded , is that okay??? or changing the header segment at XI level is better one

Regards

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

lets go again.

you have to edit the custom IDoc and change the ocurrance on the header segment. also modify the details segment adding an addtional field that identify which header that this detail belong.

for this case you cannot change the occurrance in SAP PI because you wont identify what i have told you before. in PI apply to change the occurrance if you could send ONE Idoc Per Header.

now is better clear???

Let us know.

Thanks

Rodrigo P-.

Answers (0)