cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Fields in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to hide some fieldd in Portal when i display my View, is there a way to do this. some fields should be displayed only if i click on a Buttom, then they should appears,

Kind Regards

Natel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natel ,

The recommended approach is to do it via context binding .

Create a context attribute say ui_profiling of type wdy_boolean.

Bind this attribute "ui_profiling" to the visibility property of the UI element which you want to make visible/ invisible/ inactive .

Now create a action for your button . In the action method , assign the value to attribute "ui_profiling" , based on what you want ie., visible or invisible .

This will solve your problem . Please let me know if you any concerns .

Thanks ,

Abhishek Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , thanx for the quik replay, but its not like that so easy, i have to click on a buttom, then the first field will appears, if i click on this buttom again , the second will appears, and for th tirth time clicking on the bottom , the 3th field will appears, not all of them at once after clicking on the bottom, it should be like that, one after one.

Kind regards

Edited by: Natel Bargach on Sep 8, 2010 10:04 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then - in your action handler method query another variable (potentially an attribute of your view) in which you store how many times the button has been pressed (increment it by one each time your button is pressed) then have a case statement that changes visibility of the buttons (through updating context attributes bound to the fields).

also - please don't use the boolean type for visibility - use the wdui_visibility type - please reference this thread for some further details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

that is a good Idee, i will try it now, thank you very much for help

Kind regards

Natel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natel,

Bind the 'Visible' property of those fields to a boolean attribute.

Set this attribute initially to false (invisible).

Create an action for the button, in the method test if running in portal then set the attribute to true (visible).

Regards,

George