Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control action

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've customized the "Project Availability Control: Tolerance Limits" with the action 3 (Error Message). And when I introduce the actual hours of an activity the hours I get the message as I expected:

"Errors arose during actual cost calculation --> Budget for WBS element M3029DDD321 was exceeded by 1.000,00 EUR in document item 001 Ntwk actvty 4000347 0180 ."

The problem is that I am able to save the confirmation, I thought the system would not let me save as I had exceeded the budget. Is this normal?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, check your confirmation parameters in transaction OPST.

Check the help text for Actual Cost flags:

Termination of Confirmation if Incorrect Actual Costs

Controls if the confirmation is terminated in the event of incorrect actual costs.

Use

This enables you to terminate the confirmation if incorrect items occur, for example, if you want to prevent postprocessing records.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the transaction OPST please tick the check box "Termination for Incorrect Actual Costs". Doing this will not allow you to save the confirmations. Try doing this and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tick the "Termination for Incorrect Actual Costs" check box already but I'm still able to save after making the confirmation.

The difference is that know I get, after the first message, this one: "No actual costs for network XXXXXXX (check log)" so when I check CJI3 no actual cost is been check, what seems right...

What should be the procedure??

Thanks all!

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, check OSS note 663592.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"No actual costs for network XXXXXXX (check log)" so when I check CJI3 no actual cost is been check, what seems right...

What should be the procedure??

You should go step by step. This are two separate issue. (1. correctly post actual cost on network activity 2. check availability control is working or not )

As I told; system is not able to post any actual cost for your confirmation.YOu need to check error log. Correct error successfully post lower cost than availalbe budget than post second confirmation with larger cost for checking availability control.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin Patoliya,

1. I'm able to post actual cost on network activity correctly as every thing works fine when I post work within the budget.

2. Availability control seems to be well configured as the Error message appears when I save the project: "Item 001 Ntwk actvty 4000809 0030 budget exceeded". Nevertheless after getting this message appears the warning message: "No actual costs for network 4000809 (check log)" Not letting me stop saving the project.

I thought that maybe turning the second message into an Error message I could solve the problem but I don't really think this can be done. Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction OPK4, select the relevant plant and order type combination and under the General Individual Entry tab tick the check boxes for Actual Costs and Termination for Incorrect actual costs. Try confirming the activity with the budget exceeding the specified limits. Check this scenario with a new project (new test data) and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul Pillai, but this check box is already ticked.

So this might not be the issue.

Thanks again for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried similar scenario in my system and the system pops up an error stating that the budget has exceeded. However, it is not allowing me to save the project. Which version of SAP are you working on?

It would be better if you could try out this scenario in your IDES system once and confirm.

Regards,

Gokul

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Is good to know this can be solved. I'm working on SAP ECC 6.0.

I have no access to my IDES system now. I believe I tested it some weeks ago and I had the same issue, nevertheless I'm not 100% sure.

Any other setting I could be missing here?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you are missing any specific setting here. I mean i tried out this scenario with whatever has been discussed in this thread and it works fine.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I'm not missing any setting with is not working fine in my system? It must be something, isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just speculating on this won't help. Why don't you test this thoroughly in your IDES system and then revert? It would give a clear idea on the way forward to resolve this.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I've tested it in my IDES system and the behaviour is exactly the same, I'm also able to save the project despite the error budget message has appeared.

... It must be something else I'm missing.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in CJI3 what actaul cost you are getting against Ntwk actvty 4000347 0180. If actual cost are getting posted according to confirmation ; at the same time you are not using excempt CE functionality and tolerance limit customization is proper with TRGP ++ than it there is issue. Please check and confirm.

With regards

Nitin P.