cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model business partner in CUSTOMER repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anyone have tried to model business partner in CUSTOMER repository?

The situation is like this:

a customer has many "sale data" entries, where many business partner can be assigned to a "sale data" entry. "Sale Data" is a qualified table field in CUSTOMER.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes you are doing it fine and it will solve the purpose.

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working on customer repository in a project.For business partner you make up a lookup qualified for sales data and if you are assigning many business partners to sale data entry then your business partner needs to be multi valued qualifier.For this u can sepaprately maintain a multi valued table for business partners and afterwards set it as qualifier for the sales data qualified.

Hope this helps

Mark if problem is solved.

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Can you give more details to set up business partner in Sales Data (qualified table). What do you mean "multi-valued table for business partner". Are you refering the similar steps suggested by Rajani?

Another point is we are centually maintain customer in MDM, Customer data needs to syndicate using xml schema DEBMDM05. Multiple occurance partner entries needs to fill DEBMDM05-E1KNVPM elements: PARVW(Partner function),KUNN2(Cust# of BP) based on multiple occurence of Sales Data entries.

This is what I am doing:

1. Create business partner flat table to has two fields:

Partner function, Cust#

2. Create a qualifier field in Sales Data table. Its type is Lookup[Flat] (multi-valued), and point to the table created in step 1.

Please let me know if if I am doing the right thing.

Re: Rajani, Tanveer:

- business partner data comes initially from R3

- BP data will be maintained in MDM same as a customer entry.

- BP entry has to be linked to customer entry with account group as "Sold to".

I can use Relationships to main the sold-to <-> busniess partner(shipto, billto, payer...) assignment, but can not syndicate the relationships to XML file(DEBMDM06).

- BP assignement is better to be maintained under Sales Data(qualified table) as it is related Sales Area.

thanks!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is wat r u doin..

1. Create business partner flat table to has two fields:

Partner function, Cust#

2. Create a qualifier field in Sales Data table. Its type is Lookup[Flat] (multi-valued), and point to the table created in step 1.

Here is my suggestion.

1. Create business partner flat table to has 3 fields:

Partner function, Cust#,sales data[Look up]Qualified(multi-valued).

2. Create a qualified table Sales Data.

The field sales data in business partner flat table points to the Sales Data table and as it is multi-valued, a business partner can have multiple Sales Data.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

I don't think a field with type [Look up]Qualified(multi-valued) can be added into a flat table. That is exactly the problem I am facing here if there is needs for nested qualified table.

I am not sure your Second point as a qualified table Sales Data is already there as standard content for CUSTOMER repository.

I used the first method to create flat table and a qualier field in Sales Data (qualified table) to point to it. It is good to map partner fields( in the new flat table) to DEBMDM06 elements( I mistaken it DEBMDM05 in previous posts). But When I tried to export data to XML, I did not see the data I entered for business partner get exported to XML.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, are you getting the business partner details from CRM?

You can use the customer table to store the business patner.

In the standard repository for Customer, there is a sales field which is a lookup (Qualified Table) where Sales data is Qualified data.

Now if a customer can have many sales data, then you need to <b>check whether this field is multivalued in your repository.</b>

By default its multi valued.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain where "Business Partner" is stored. If you are having all you Business Partners in a flat table, then in your "Sales Data" qualified table add a "Qualifier" field that points to the "Business Partners" flat table and set it as "Multi-Valued".

If this is not the case, let us know more details.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar