Did you mean: 

Client does not create Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 3 clients:

DEV - Development

QAS - Test

PRD - Productive (Live)

I want to make some changes but from the QAS client (Some rows in transaction VTFL -invoice vs delivery copy controls-, that are obsolete or were never used) so that if I require them again I just copy/upload them from DEV.

I remember that months ago when by mistake I tried to save changes on the QAS client it offered a transport box just like in DEV, but now when I click save it saves them directly, without transport box.

I tried releasing in se10 the last transport created by mistake in that client and tried again, but it also saves directly without transport.

Question: Why saving changes in this client no longer create transports?

Thank You,

Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Salazar on Sep 8, 2010 6:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the options of the client (look on SCC4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This are the options:

Client role: test

changes and transports for client specific objects

-changes without automatic recording

cross client object changes

-changes to repository and cross client customizing allowed

protection client copier and comparison tool

-protection level 0: no restriction

catt and ecatt restrictions

-ecatt and catt allowed

Restrictions

-

Thank you,

Carlos

mohanapriya_l
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seeing your client setting, it is more evident of why the changes are not getting recorded under a transport.

This flag means that changes in the Customizing settings of the client are permitted. The changes are not automatically recorded in a change request.Customizing settings can be exported from the client by manual creation of a transport request. A manual transport can be carried out in the particular transaction for settings with the function Transport, which places the selected Customizing settings in a transport request.

Hope this ansers your question.

Also, just in case you would want to record the changes please change the setting to automatic recording of changes. This would ensure that the changes done are recorded automatically.

Best Regards, Priya

Edited by: Mohana Priya L on Sep 14, 2010 8:52 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

Are each of your 3 clients in a single SAP Application Server or 3 seperate application servers.

From your post, it feels as if you are speaking about different Systems.

In this case QAS system should be locked down. No changes should be allowed in QAS, so your client settings in SCC4 should say No changes to Client dependent or Repository objects.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

QAS and DEV are in one server and PRD its on a different one.

So the best setting would be to not allow changes on QAS?

The reason that I wanted to change QAS was because I wanted to delete some invoice types that we dont use that show up when we create inovices. And in case we need it in the future have them in DEV as reference.

But your suggestion makes sense. Will check with our supplier about changing it.

Regards,

Carlos

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could still do the following to avoid doing these changes in DEV.

1. Capture all your invoice setting in a transport request (transportable) and export/release the transport request ( do not import in prod! )

2. Later, delete the invoice types you don't need in DEV, this should create another transport in DEV, copy over this transport into the QAS client.

3. Once step 2 is done, copy over the first transport request back into DEV.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks will check this solution too.

Regards,

Carlos