cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Channel started but inactive" following password change on XI comm channel

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

Following a password change on our communication channels, our integration no longer works. In the communication channel monitoring I see that the status is "Channel started but inactive". Is there something we need to do other than testing the interface? The status did not automatically turn green as many message threads suggest.

The integration uses external web services and was working until the provider of the services changed the password. I can successfully test the services using the new password by calling them directly using SOAP UI so I know the new password is not the problem.

I made no other changes than to the passwords on the comm channels. What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the channel does not work, what is the error message when you send a message?

I suppose, the adapter status of channel (advanced tab) is active.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,if the las two post does not work try stop and start the channel. is useful to refresh the status of it

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is everything I see on the monitoring:

CC_VLS_DEV_CANCEL_RCVR Channel started but inactive Automatically VLS_DEV SOAP Receiver

I know it "should" turn green but it is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your cache Notification under Environment menu in ID. Also try to activate it again after making some small change in the channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should automatically change to active when it will process the message. Do you see any other information on monitoring.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

when you use adapters type SOAP, it's common that the adapter shows "channel started but inactive", normally it turns to green when a message is received.

In another way, you can check in the ID, at the bottom of the CC configuration if it says "Adapter Status: Inactive"

Hope it helps

Juan.