cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Currently in my system, I have lot of document status has been configured. I am not sure if they are std or customized.

I have the following status,

Work request

Change request

Inspection req.

Archived

Released

In work

Checked

Rejected

If I want to come to release status, I need to go over all the status as eveything are depedencies.

I would like to know whether these are std and it is really required. I just want to have only two staus.one is in work and other one is release to make it simple. Can I do this ? Does it impact anything ? if yes, plese let me know how to do it.

Regards,

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mahee,

First select the document type and go to define document status. Here you can make new entries for document status for perticular document types. so make entries as per your requirement and those status will only come either it is 2 or 3 or 4. It doesn't matter. Only make new status if not in standard. Otherwise use from these only.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the instant reply. If I click the new entries, I will have more doc status created right. I just wanted to use onlt the two existing doc status one is IN WORK and other one is RELEASED. When I create the doc theu cv01n, how do i bring only this two and avoid all other status.

Also please let me knowwhat is 2 or 3 or 4 you said something ?

Mahee

Edited by: maheee on Sep 8, 2010 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

As you said you have these status already configured and now you want only two of them. Right? for this goto define document status where you will find all these status already available. Now select one by one which you don't want and delete it with option delete available besides new entry tab.

Then keep In Work as previous status while configuring released. And these two staus will work for the selected document type. I think you are new to document status. Please do and revert.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ravindra...I am new to DMS...I understand that we can simply delete all other status..but just wanted to check with you, instead of deleting, can we remove all the PREV 1.2.3 data showing dependencies ? If I go to each status and just remove all the dependencies mentioned in PREV1,2,3 and just keep the two status ? Is this will work or deletion is the only way ?

I really dont want to delete it if those are standard.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

No you are deleting means ,not from the dms. The status we are assigning to each document type and may be different document type wise. Now, in your case, if all these status are assigned to each document type. and you want only two then assign only two status to specific document types. and delete others from document type. ( from define document status in DC10). These are dependant means for other documents types for which it is required, don't delete. status works per document type. Only assigned will work. Others you have to delete. This deletion is not from status dropdown list. we are deleting from assigned status for document type wise.

I hope your query will get reolved now.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ravindra. I understand your comments. I am playing around with only DRW type and I am aware deletion will be done only for this type. But what my question is, without deleting all other status in DRW, I would like to use only two status. so I did removed the prev 1 prev2 dependencies on all status so that I could see all the status in drop down list and able to pick the released ststaus directly . This works fine for me. But only thing is, I got the message at the bottom says " status does not allow to change certain data " but it really does not impact on my testing. Do you have any idea why this message came up ? Is this normal ?

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mahee,

If u dont want to see the message below in in ur screen as " status does not allow any changes in the document" then u have to go the document type configuration and select the document status go to release status and double click where u can change the locked status (S).

hope this will solve ur qurey.

regards

kannan