cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Details to be Printed only for the line item details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following requirement.

I have Page1 with the Logo, Header Window, Vendor Window, Send Invoice To, Delivere Invoice To and Main Window. Main Window Starts from the middle of the page. In the Page2 i have Logo, Header window and Main Window. In the Page3 i have only Main Window.

In the Footer of the Main Window i have Placed the Terms and conditions which should always be Printed in the New Page. So in the footer i have given a command "Go to New Page " and given the page as Page3.

The requirement is Logo,and Header Window should appear only for the Line items and not for the Terms and conditions.

For the Page1 i have given the Next Page as Page2. Suppose if there is only one line item then it Prints in the first Page itslef and the control flows to the Page2 and since in the page2 i have given the condition for the Logo and header window to print only if line item is more than 1 and since Main Window is starting from the middle there is a blank Space appearing in the start of the page.

The command i have given in the footer to trigger new page that is page3 is not getting triggered. If there are more than one line item then its printing the logo and header window and so there is no blank space appearing and it is working fine.

Please let me know how to avoid this blank space and move my main window to the start of the Page if there is only one line item.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vasudha,

I am a little bit confused regarding your query,

"In the Footer of the Main Window i have Placed the Terms and conditions which should always be Printed in the New Page. So in the footer i have given a command "Go to New Page " and given the page as Page3. "

When you say footer of main window does it mean , that you are using a table inside your main window and the command node your have inserted is in the footer of the table ?.I hope it is, because my suggestion is based on this assumption.

Well my suggestion for your issue is,

1.I hope you are aware we can trigger a next page in two ways, one by setting the next page static attribute & second using the command node which you have used.In your case you will have to use a combination of both.

2.I feel your First page design is ok. Set its static next page attribute to PAGE2. Similarly set the static next page attribute for PAGE2 as PAGE2 itself. This should take care of your table which you have placed in the main window. If the table contains only one lineitem it will get over in the first page itself. If the lineitems are more in the table, it will automatically triggerPAGE2 (since static next page attribute for PAGE1 is PAGE2) and the remaining line items will be displayed. Now no matter how many lineitems you have ,PAGE2 will be triggered repeatedly(since static next page for PAGE2 is PAGE2 itself) until the entire data in your table is displayed.

In this way your requirement of printing the logo and header windows for the data lineitems only will be fulfilled.

3.Now the last catch in your case is the printing of PAGE3(The terms and condition page) on an entirely new blank page.

In the footer section of the table which you have used, use a command node set to PAGE3. After the command node and under the same footer section now insert your terms and condition lineitem.

Also Check the "at End of table" checkbox and uncheck " AT PAGE BREAK" under OUTPUT OPTIONS tab for the footer section.

So now this footer section will be triggered only once after all the data in the table is displayed

4. So now if there is only one lineitem, before the default second page is triggered the command node will trigger the PAGE3 and the terms and condition will be displayed.Else if there are more lineitems the page2 will be triggered again and again and finally when all the lineitems are over, the footer of the table will get triggered. So the command node will take you to the PAGE3 wherin the terms and condition will only be displayed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your suggestion. Your Assumption is correct. I am using the Table inside the Main Window.As you have mentioned for the command Node i have to trigger the Page3 which contains the Terms and conditions and for the footer Section i have to check the "At the end of table" and uncheck the "At page Break" option. I have done it already. But its not working.

Let me know if i am correct. Since footer part is also in the table if i check the "At the end of table" that does not trigger my command to Page3 because the table is not yet over as still footer is not printed. So if it contains one line item and finishes printing in first page since the static attribute to triiger next page has been given as PAGE2 it gets triggered automatically. Please let me know what should be done.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasudha,

Form your query i have understood the following points, pls don't mind if i guess wrong

1) Logo window, header window and other windows has to appear in all the pages where the item details are exists.

2) Terms and conditions has to display in the fresh page with absence of all other windows.

To achieve this you can follow the below steps.

-> Create a First page with logo,header,main window(all your required windows except terms and condition).

->Create second page and copy required windows from 1st page.

->Create one more page with name terms&conditions and create your terms and condition window in this.

->goto your first page and add one command line in the main widow after your table. (Right click on main window click on create and click on flow logic and click on command line)

-> 1)In the general properties tab of command line select the check box 'Go to new page' and select page as terms&Condition page.

2) In the conditions tab of command line select condition as 'only after end of main window'.

By doing this you can achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Viswamurthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasudha,

the above solution will work fine, it's ller to what you have did but don't put the terms and conditions in the footer of table create a fresh page and in that you place u r terms and condition window.

and in the command line which you have created in the main page in the go to new page option select the page which u have created for terms and condition.

Regards,

Viswamurthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I have placed the command after the table and i have marked the Option "After End of main Window" and also created a new page for Terms and conditions and placed it in that page. But since i have given the command in the Main Window itself after the table and since i have given the Static attribute for triggering the Next page as PAGE2 its automatically going to PAGE2 and not Terms and conditions Page.

Please let me know what should be done.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasudha,

don't give any condition for command as ' only at end of main window'.

i have did one sampe appl with u r requirement it's working fine for me.

and one more thing dont give next page for terms and condition window because since we don't have main page it'll through error.

regards,

viswamurthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create the command to trigger the PAGE3 in footer of the table and after that write the lines of terms and conditions because the main window is same for all the pages.

Regards,

Jagadeesh T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please reply.

Thank you.