cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Server Process Keeps Restarting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We have a portals developer and everytime he deploys his quite large application one or two of the server processes on the Java side restart themselves. Can this be avoided? I have read the memory param. notes and all seems okay there.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This usually happens with the instance having portal,since portal applications are quite huge themselves.

You have to make changes in the VM paraemeters in configtool.

Look into the note 723909.There,you have the complete description of possible VM size depending on the OS 32/64 bit

Applying this note solved my problem.

Mainly you have to change parameters Perm size,New size and Max heap size.

Reward points if helpful.........

regards

Usharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Servernode restarts due to the deployment of big applications really sounds like memory issues. The question is: Which memory area is maxed out?

To analyze this properly you will probably have to carefully analyze the garbage collection behavior of the system.

A less analytic approach could be to increase the size of the memory area that gets maxed out. If you feel a general shortage of memory adding another servernode may be an option too.

Last but not least: Talk to the developer and ask him if he can limit the memory consumption of his application. This is usually the most effective way especially as the application will move to production one day and if it is too memory-hungry this may be a problem.

Hope this helps a little,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Did you find the solution about this issue ?? I've got the same problem. Thanks.