cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTP on SAP Netweaver is extremely slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using QTP 10 to automate tests on SAP systems. For SAP Gui everything is working fine.

There are some applications which are being used by the web, using SAP Netweaver.

When I want to automate this applications, it is extremely difficult to identify the objects on the screen.

If I add, for example, a SAPEdit field, it takes about 5 minutes to collect all the information about this object.

Some extra information:

- SAP Gui 7.1

- QTP add-in for SAP is enabled

Because the SAP Gui is working fine, and the SAP netweaver is giving difficutlies, I think it has to do with some settings.

Is there anybody who has the same problems?

Can anybody give some help or tips?

Kind regards,

Ferrie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you ensured yur system meets te requirements?

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-127-24^9674_4000_10...

Also check the attachments to SAP Note 1375606 to ensure you are patched correctly.

Perhaps this will help.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a same problem recently so we have used Web Add-in to Recognize the objects ..faced some problems automating ESS portal but after using Web just for reconginzing the obejcts it worked fine.

And also check latest patch for QTP some of the performance problems will resolve .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am experiencing the same problems while working with QTP 9.5 on SAP Netweaver applications. Does anybody have an idea regarding the patch level of QTP to be implemented to improve performance?

Thanks

Subhajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have Java and .Net add ins installed.

You have to have those for SAP netweaver application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try these works:

Go to "options" and Click on 'Run" and see "Run Mode" is fast & if not make it.

And see SAP settings in options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the respons.

Unfortunately, it did not help. I already had checked this options.

The problem is not in the run-mode, it is the object recognition wich takes a long time.

Also, the SAP options only apply on the SAP Gui, and I am having difficulties on de SAP Web objects.

When I add a new SAP Web object (for example, a button) to the object repository of QTP, it takes extremely long to add all the information.

It only occurs on SAP Web.

Anybody can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

is your QTP is the latest version??

refer the SAP note

[Note 1456958 - QTP software System Requirements set by HP|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1456958]

this also can help

[Note 1393503 - The Spy in QTP is hanging the machine when used|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1393503]

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you for the response.

I am using the latest version of QTP, QTP 10, and also installed the latest service pack.

The links you have sent, I can not open these. Also, my account for SAP did not opened the links...

Can you sent them as attachment or something like that?

thanks,

Ferrie