cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Purchasing across company codes is not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having SRM 4.0 with R/3 4.7 as backend.

We are extending the SRM functionality to new locations. Created new org units for new locations with new company codes and assigned requestors to the new org units.

Created new Purch org and purch groups for new locations and assigned backend Purch org and groups.

Now when Shopping cart is created and approved it goes into error saying "KI113 Purchasing across company codes is not allowed".

In R/3 backend, extended the GL codes to new company codes because existing prod categories are being used by new locations also. If GL codes are not extended to new locations getting error "GL not created for co cd".

Can anyone help me out what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. The reason for getting this message is because , for example, you want to create a SC for XYZ Company Code, But the accounts assignment & accounts elements (CC, WBS, ect) that you are using belongs to ABC Company Code. Therefore the system generates the message “Purchasing across CoCd is not allowed”. The error message is generate on R/3 when EBP try to all the SC info. You could recreate the same error message in R/3 if you try to create a purchasing document by input manually the same information out of the SC. Recommendation, go to FI and ask them for specific G/L & accounting element relevant to the Company Code you wants to process a SC for. You should be able to get thru without the error message.

If the info was useful, do not forget the points.

Thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

William

Thanks for your response.

I am also suspecting the same and investigating from FI point of view in R/3.

Can you tell what you did in your case to resolve the similar issue?

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to go to the organizational structure and maintain the attribute related to account assignment. For example, let’s consider a SC for a cost center. You need to go to each CoCd organizational unit and maintain the attribute “CNT” with the cost center provided from FI unique to each CoCd. Do the same for any other accounting element as WBS, ORDER …. Then go to SPRO > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Account Assignment > Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

Please make sure that if the G/L accounts are the SAME for each CoCd, then you could use this table entry for automatic account determination. In the case that each CoCd does not have the same account number for the cost element then you shall not consider to have automatic account determination.

Please check you entries and let me know.

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

William

My issue got resolved. The cost center which was selected was not assigned to the required company code. There was no problem with the GL code. After checking in FI, changed the cost center with correct co code and profit center then it worked.

Since there is no FI person it took time for me to dig into FI settings.

Anyway thanks for your responses to this thread.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad the original poster was able to resolve the issue by extending the cost assignment factors to the relevant company codes. However, why didn't the shopping cart error out BEFORE it was actually submitted and approved? Why didn't the error come during the check function or any time before submission? This is what my company is dealing with now. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gabe

0 Kudos

Gabe

Do you get a warning ( Yellow) message for your scenario while you order the cart ( when you click Check Button).

Thanks

velu