cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of assets at Local PO in SRM 7.0 extended classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are working in SRM 7.0 upgrade. Here we got a requirement to create Assets at SC as well as PO level.

Actually the requirement is like without depending on the SC we need to create Asset at PO level.

When we tried to do the same it is observed that when ever we click on 'Create Asset Master' button either in SC or PO

the FM ' META_CREATE_ASSET' is triggering. Actually in this only the object id BUS2121 related to SC is existing . Bcos of this even when we try to create Asset at PO level also it is considering object id BUS2121 instaed of BUS2201.

If anyone of you worked in this particular scenario can you pls help me out in this regard. My main criteria is the FM ' META_CREATE_ASSET' should identify the correct object id.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kalyani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

generally SAP keeps the same functionality in SRM as well as MM. kindly check with SAP>

--

your concern is that you could not create a asset while creating a PO as like shopping cart.

if SAP says this functionality not availble for PO while creating a PO in SRM .

create a sset class in ECC and utilise rather than creating from SRM PO.

nowadays like PDP , In CRM they create a SHopping cart and come for sourcing .

Note 1273921 - Some fields in the PO should be non editable in case of LAM

there are some blogs i have seen LAM integration with asset.

i am sorry i could not help you on this.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyani,

This is a standard functionality.. Asset creation should happen in SC and then following on document (PO with asset) should get created..

If you want to change this behavior, you may need to enhance the "META_CREATE_ASSET" FM which is not advisable..

Thanks!!

Bharath