cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a user status ,say "ABC" assigned to the Project profile and projects were created and being executed.

Now it is possible to change the status profile from "ABC " to a new "XYZ" status profile in the Project profile .

If this is possible , then what would be the state of old project which were created using status profile"ABC" .

Appreciate the experts insights and possible solution.

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Old projects will have the old user status profile. Project Profile gives you default values and parameters for the project, its more like a template, from which you will copy the values to the project. So, once the project is created and saved, the values from the profile is copied to the project. If you change some data in project profile, it will not have effect in the existing project.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Sep 8, 2010 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed ,

Thanks for your quick response .

The question here is , whether is it possible to change the Status profile .

If it is possible to change the status profile then, what would be the state of old projects which possess old status profile.

I am pretty much aware of the Project profile functionalities.

Thanking you

Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are creating a new status profile and also a different controls that of the old one, then there is no problem in that.

But when you change the control of the old status profile it self it may have impact on the existing profiles, need to check in development environment for the impacts.

Experts can comment on this.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>whether is it possible to change the Status profile

If you are asking this:

suppose you have a project which has status profile - ABC.

Now if you can change it to XYZ.

Answer is yes you can change it to XYZ and use new profile provided you haven't set any status of the previous profile otherwise when you will change the status of WBS you will be shown information message that you can not set or delete the status with the old profile name.

The old projects will continue to work on old status profile only.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Judy , Please be clear...Do you mean changing the status profile in Project profile (OPSA) or changing the status profile in Project Defintion/WBSE after project creation?

If you mean changing the status profile in OPSA then, I think We have already replied to that.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As explained here status profile you can change in Project profile as you wish. If I take your example that suppose you are using T&M as project profile where status profile is ABC and you have created 10 projects ( TM1...... TM10 ) with it. Than this project will get governed with ABC status profile ( It is not possible to change status profile once you have activated any user status in project; but you can very well change in Project profile )

Now suppose if you change status profile from ABC to XYZ in you T& M - Project profile new project will get created with XYZ status profile ans will get governed with it.

( This is possible reason being you are creating two seperate status profile in customization and using it in your project profile. If you are using ABC status profile and try to change some of the settings in ABC where already in system there are few projects with ABC status profile at that time only problems comes and system will now allow you to do so. )

I hope this is clear to you.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

You are alsmost there ...

Here is the detaled update ....

I have a Project profile "T&M " with in which i have assigned the status profile" ABC" .

I have some ongoing projects say "( TM1...... TM10 ) with this "ABC "profile .The user status is being used for all these ongoing projects "( TM1...... TM10 ) .

Now a situation has come to change this status profile from "ABC " to "XYZ" in the project profile "T&M" .As gooing forward i want to use the status profile "XYZ" for all the future projects and no more"ABC "

The question here is ...

1) Can i change the status profile from ABC" to "XYZ" in the Project profile "T&M" at first instance .

2)if the system allows me to change the status profile to "XYZ " in the project profile and allows me to create the new projects with this new status profile. What would be the state of old projects ( TM1...... TM10 ) whihc were originally created with Status profile "ABC" .

3)Based on the updates so far , the new project shall get governed with the new status profile"XYZ" .

Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) yes.

2) old projects will remain with the old status profile.

3) new projecs will work on new profile.

Regards,

Harsh.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Ans. Yes youcan change from ABC to XYZ status profile for first instance

2.What would be the state of old projects ( TM1...... TM10 ) whihc were originally created with Status profile "ABC"

Ans. That will be govern based on old Status porfile ABC

3. Yes new proejcts will get goven based on new status profile XYZ...

( Project profile is just cusodian of data to be copied. original logic is seprate for both status profile ABC and XYS which you have configured in OK02 )

I hope it should be clear to you...

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

Many thanks ...

Thanks to all for their valuable suggestions .

Regards

Judy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ahmed suggested, change of status profile in project profile will not impact existing projects as you are not changing the status profile by itself. You will get affected once you make changes in status profile which is maintained in the projects.