cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Port for Digest Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to connect to a webservice which is running at an IIS with Digest Authentication. I created a Consumer Proxy and added a Logical Port in SAO Management (Java-Stack) to this Consumer Proxy, but I can't find a digest authetification in Configuration of the Logical Port. Is it possible to connect from a SAP System to a webservice with Digest Authentification?

Thanks and best regards

Iris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answeres.

Unfortunately SAP PI is no alternative because it is only one Webservice to connect.

And no, the ABAP Stack can't connect with Digest Authentication, but someone told me it would be possible with the Java Stack through Logical Port configuration. But I can't find it ther and Basic Authentication doesn't work. So I though someone here knows how to configure it, but maybe it is just not possible.

Thank you very much.

With best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

As far as I know, the logical ports are actually on the Abap stack. Not sure why someone told you that.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gourav,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to create a Logical Port with HTTP Access to the WSDL, but the WSDl needs digest authetication as well. So I get the error

Error: Error in WSDL access: Exception occurred in communication framework:Error in HTTP Framework:401Unauthorizedhttps://itnts2371/SecurityWebService.asmx?WSDL

though I logged in with right credentials.

Then I tried to read the WSDl from a file then, but I get the error

Error: Error in WSDL parsing: Exception occurred in library handler

So I created a manual Logical Port for SSL-Access. I get only "User ID/Password" and "SAP Authenticatoin Assertion Ticket", but no "Digest Authentication". "User ID/Password" doesn't work, I get a dialog to put in User ID and password, but I'm never authorized.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

With best regards

Iris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try to use PI to mediate SOAP call for you. Use receiver SOAP adapter (use Axis): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/45/a3c48c87cd0039e10000000a11466f/content.htm

regds,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

I also think you are going to have to mediate the call through PI as Gourav has suggested. Java supports Digest Authentication & if you mediate that request through PI then it affords you that functionality.

I don't think Abap can handle it (Digest Authentication). You could also try posting a question in the Security forums on SDN to verify whether Abap can manage this type of authentication.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Logical port by using wsdl, in such case SAP automatically select correct authentication method.

Regards,

Gourav