cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace approver - Process controlled WF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0 and in this upgrade, we want to change to process controlled WF.

We use a table in ECC to define approvers for cost center/ company code

by using badi:

SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER

As I can see it is not possible to replace the default approver with other VALID

approvers from the table in ECC.

When using application controlled WF in SRM 7.0 we get the "replace" button, but it is not visible in process controlled.

As we only use offline approval, our approvers NEVER enter the SRM

portal, at therefor the "define substitution" is not a possible option

for us!

Has anybody got a suggestion to how to solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your responses.

I have been in contact with OSS regarding this issue, and they told me they would solve this issue with a note within a month as several customers has this issue.

/Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you very much for your answer.

AS far as I can understand, the substitution will only work when using the UWL.

How can we make this work using offline approval? (The main reason for the succes of our SRM is the possiblity to approve offline, as our managers can approve via iPhone webmail etc. and never has to log into anything)

Once again thank you!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

For offline approval, you should schedule the program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND.

Please check help.sap.com.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/31/47c6cb8e9249f2bc29444212e4704a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the perfect solution for you here is to use deadline monitoring..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/74/c0256bebb54f1c8dfb519d2908152b/frameset.htm

With this deadline event you can forward the work Item to some other approver when the actual or system determined approver is out of offices for certain days..

Offline approval Email also will work when the work Item forwarded to other approver..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Our default approver is determined from time to time depending on the cost center or investment order. All maintained in the ECC tabel.

We only use ONE step approval, so the issue is how do we change the approver the system suggest if for instance this approver is on holiday and therefor wont be able to approve.

What we do in AC FW, is simply to click on replace approver, and the BADI will then get us a list of possible VALID approvers within the cost center / company code (from the table in ECC), for which the requester can choose. However the "replace button" is not availible when using PC WF.

Any suggestions on how to solve this exact issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about Pool of approval concept..

Example..

Item 1 - Approver A (Do only offline approval), Approver B (Can login to the system and review the SC before approve it)

Item 2 - Same as above

Item 3 - Same as above

In this way you can have multiple approvers for single SC or even for single SC item..

Process control workflow are much flexible..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Who is your default approver?

In your Agent Determination BADI Implementation, You can still go and make an RFC Call to ECC and pick the appropriate approver and assign it to that process level.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

I think he is good with the RFC call but looks like he is trying to find a way to change the determined agents from BADI..

Not sure, But anyway he got two answers now :-)..

Thanks!!

Bharath

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

User can not replace the approver determined by system. User only adds additional approver in Process-Controlled Workflow. I think it is basic concept for workflow. You can set correct approver in the BADI.

Regards,

Masa