cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Column Position of regular WD Table with Structure and Custom Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a regular WD Table that shows data based on a Dictionary Structure plus 4 Custom Fields (Fields that are not available in the Structure, but are added manually via the Table Editor).

Now, all manually added Columns are displayed at the end of my table and I cannot change their position. If I change the position and activate, they are moved back to the top again.

How can I change the postion of these manually added columns?

THANKS, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

it may be a long shot and I'm sure not the case here, but are the generated columns table group column UI elements? I remember in WDJ that there was a difference between grouped table columns and non-grouped (I think it also applies in WDA but it is less easy to see) and a grouped table columns always appeared first in the table, no matter what you did.

Try creating your additional columns as (right click on table in layout hierarchy) "Insert Group Column" you should then be able to move them up and down as you like.

Cheers,

Chris

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I too faced this issue.

This can be resolved using the below procedure:

For the new fields instead of creating the columns,copy the existing column ,insert the copied column and then change the relevant settings like bindings,cell editor etc.

Repeat it for all the columns you want to add

Now you will be able to chnage the column positions accordingly.

Regards,

Madhu

Edited by: madhu reddy on Sep 8, 2010 5:51 PM

former_member1151507
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the Column property fixedPosition. It may resolve your issue.

Regards,

Manogna