cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An item get confirmed in order but in delivery its not confirmed. why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an order with quantities 5 for an item, the order get confirmed.

Whereas while creating a delivery for this order for the same item , it shows no stock and not confirmed.

How the availability check carried out in Order and in delivery in this case. Can you explain how it works.

Kindly eloborate it.

regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please go thru SAP LIABRARY, you find solution.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I know most of the things will available in Library.

But I brought it to the forum so that people who experience the same also get the solution from experts.

If possible answer me. otherwise please....

Regards

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend. what you are seeing, i suspect, is due to the availability check settings.

first, please note the availability check type in the material master.

now, inspect OVZ9. look for the combination of the availability check type and the check rule (A for order, B for delivery). in default, the settings for these combinations should be different. if this is so in your case, then this could be the reason.

it is a common business requirement that you confirm quantities in orders even in stock shortages, with the expectation that the stocks will be available upon delivery. therefore, the settings in OVZ9 for orders is to confirm considering Replenishment Lead Time (RLT). however, when it is time for delivery, the settings should be more stringent and you should not be able to post goods issue in the absence of inventory.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan & all,

Thanks a lot for clarifying me.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Pls check whether there is sufficient stocks available in the plant.is the system throughing any error while creating delivery.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please note that the stocks are there, so why it get confirmed in order, for the order i tried to create a delivery. but its not accepting.

I asked to some of my friends, they said the availabilty will be done differently in order and delivery. In delivery it takes count of other things based on the checking rule.

Still I am not convinced How it works?

What will be done in checking rule?

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

if you know that every thing is available in SAP LIABRARY then why dont you search there only.

instead of asking experts.

please answer my question.

regars,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i will be wait for your reply.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

otherwise please....?

can you explain what is this ram.

please explain me.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

Checking rule B a defined in sap, which takes into consideration Pur Orders, reservations, sales rquirements, deliveries. If an order has confirmed quantities, but if you have changed or increased in any delivery which has resulted into 0 availability could be reason for this sitution, provided you have checked as I have mentioned earlier. Check ATP quantity using transaction CO09

Regards

dsrdsr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear dsrdsr,

Thanks you so much.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check is there any delivery block active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I know most of the things will available in Library.

But I brought it to the forum so that people who experience the same also get the solution from experts.

If possible answer me. otherwise please....

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply.

But there's no delivery block.

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the delivery in change mode then go to Environment -- Availability. Then note down the message and let me know

Also make sure that DETERMINE PROCEDURE FOR EACH DELIVERY ITEM CATEGORY under Availability in Basic Shipping Function is not marked X for the item category in the delivery