cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some thing in my mind, when i am reading about XI. What are the possible scenarios will be needed for a given business requirment, i have some business requirment with me(ofcourse its not real, just an idea out from my mind).

First: Lets assume there is some Truck manufacturing company called <b>XYZ</b>, which spreaded its business all over the world. which has truck making units in Europe, America and Asia. Its using SAP R/3,SAP R/2 systems & Legacy systems

It has sales locations, dealers (assume they using <b>Web Based</b> and <b>Thirdy Party</b> systems)

Got some suppliers too, assume they are using standalone (third party) systems and receive & send the data by any other means.

Now, this <b>XYZ</b> company wants to integrate its R/3, R/2 Legacy, Thirdparty, Standalone, Web Applications using SAP XI.

What are all the possible scenarios needed to integrate all these things and which funtional areas? For example if we take Main Office of XYZ and one Supplier location, what are scenarios we wiill have.

Suggest me, The reason why i need like this becuase, want to deal XI in real time way..

Thanks in advance.

Jen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you are talking about Suppliers, vendors etc, then XYZ company can go for mySAP implementation first (SRM etc) then you can communicate with XI , by webservices, proxies, RFCs,Idocs etc. Because for many of the SAP application components, SAP provides predelivered content.

If your implemenation is global across the geographies, then XI can act here as a centralized integration platform.

I think, it is better to go with Case studies for a Manufacturing Firms. here you go ~

http://www.sap.com/usa/platform/netweaver/pdf/CS_2005_CS_Case_Studies.pdf

http://www.sap.com/usa/platform/netweaver/pdf/CS_NW_Magazine_New_Era_Whirlpool.pdf

This is just my views

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Assuming the landscape involves SAP, Legacy-Third Party and Webservices..the scenarios that could be emerging are plenty!...briefly:-

You can have <b>ALL</b> the permutations and combinations among these set of systems and also bring in the mail adapter in between(if you need to send alerts/notifications of any kind). Accordingly you will be using the respective adapters.

Depending on the specific business requirement in each case, the <i>kind</i> of data being sent by each of these systems might vary. For ex:- SAP R/3 system can use IDocs, RFCs and BAPIs. File system-either a flat file or xml content directly.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Lets assume the XYZ company already implemented SAP XI for this, my question is, what are the possible Scenarios needed to implement in XI to communicate with other systems.(example File 2 RFC)

anybody have more analysis on this!

Thanks

Jen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

This blog may help u in ur scenario:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Also go through this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Abhy