cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Quantity = 1, Explaination required

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sales item category Control, we have a field " ORDER QUANTITY = 1" . What I have understood is Order quantity for each item is limited to 1. If I am wrong kindly correct me.

In what cases we switch it on and for what sort of products this control will be used?

If the order quantity = 1, means Order quantity for each item is limited to 1. suppose if a customer orders more than 1 quantity. However the item is limited to 1 in the control.

Instead of changing the control order quantity = 1 to off, what can be done to takes the order with more than 1 quantity for a item?

Kindly clear my doubts.

Regards

Ram

Edited by: Ram-SAPSD on Sep 8, 2010 11:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Order quantity =1 is used mostly in specific circumstances where there is unique identification number associated with each unit of the material.

Consider an example of a car, each car should have a license number, registration number, chassis no etc. In this case, it makes no sense one line having multiple quantities. Hence in IS-Automobiles system, we can do this configuration (We have done this configuration for one of the Auto majors in Germany)

As long as this is not ticked, it is understood that each line item have quantity > 1. So this alone is sufficient. You dont need any other special development to be done for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer.

One more question I have.

If in the case of automobile industry, say car Industry

If a customers orders two cars of the same model. How it will be in the order?

regards

Ram

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even in that case, the vehicles will have different license numbers, chassis nos etc. Hence there will be two different line items each item with quantity1 and then each line item will have set of data pertaining to each vehicle.

IS-Auto is based out of R/3 but also the automobile specific tables will have information about the line items in the sales order. So the unqiueness of each line item is preserved within the tables starting with VLC* in IS Auto. These tables are not available in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha,

great man.

Now I am clarified.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Ram

Answers (0)