cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the short namespace value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To do Pidx mappings, the short namespace(XMLNS) has to be pidx: instead of ns2: or ns1: etc...

Is there anyway to tell XI what short namespace to use either in the ID or repository?

If not is this changeable at mapping time, or will I have to do it in an adapter module?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I had a similar issue - I needed to remove the NS alias completely. As far as I know there are 2 approaches to do this (probably there are more, but 2 I know of). You can either try using XSLT mapping - not sure how this works but I heard it shoud be feasible.

The approach I took was to change the NS alias in a module in the processing chain of your communication channel. It should be a similar solution independent of the adapter. This module will modify the XML message manipulating the NS alias.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to have a sample available that I could review? If not, I understand.

email: curtis1120@hotmail.com

Kind Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard, sorry I didn't answer, but I went on vacation after I posted the reply - do you still require an example?

regards,

Peter

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

there's a standard module processor which does the prefix change. It's XMLAnonymizerBean. Check this thread for more information:

Also, if you wanted to do this in a java mapping, you could use Xerces's DOMParser to parse the output stream. Xerce's DOMParser implement's DOM Level 2, and so you can use some functionalities which are not avilable in documents created with others parsers (such as setPrefix method).

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I just wanted to know if you were working on an implementation of a PIDX Business Process in XI?

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Yes we are doing PIDX in XI for my customer BP. You utilized RNIF 2.0 adapter, which by the way can support atttachments, even though some documentation says otherwise.

Once I am done with the testing, I plan to do a weblog for everyone.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I asked you the same becuase, i would be glad to give you more than required information on RNIF 2.0 Adapter. If you need any help on the same, please do ask.....

Waiting for ur blog on the same....

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhy,

I meant to say that I utilized the RNIF2.0 adapter in our project. Are you doing te same sort of thing are your client? Or are you doing RNIF related work?

Kind Regards,

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you want this namespae in your target message, you could always map a contant value to a node in the target.

The constant would have the value pdix:..

Regards,

Smitha.