Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm - how manage issues after go live phase

fuso_andrea
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

ny customer use Charm Implementation project for managing roll-outs of new countries in his SAP ECC Landscape.

Now Test Phase is going to end and he asks himself: "how can I manage issues after go live in Charm?"

If I have to create additional TRs for bug fixing in the weeks after go-live can I manager them in Charm?

I know there is the function for create TR direct in Talsk List, is this the correct way?

In other words, do I manage issues after go-live out of Change Documents using Task list?

As you know, Is there any best practices from SAP od from elsewhere?

Thanks o lot

Giovanni Lippolis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fuso_andrea
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel, Bob and Jansi,

thanks for you contributions.But I realize I didn't explained myself completly.

My situation is similar to what Bob described,

I'm not in an ideal world (do you remember Clint Eastwood and Kevin Costner), and I think neither you.

But, in my case there are not open TR to be recovered in project, but I suppose I'll have to open some TR (I hope a few) for fixing bug that will happen in production in the days post roll-out.

So I wouldn't like to manage there fix in a maintenance project, because the reason of these bugs is in TR imported in roll-out.

What I would like to do is to regress project to the Test phase (I don't need new CR and NC!) and open few Test Messages for fixing bugs.

I'suppost It should be possilble.In your opinion?

Ideas?

Thnks a lot.

Giovanni

So what

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In status GoLive you will be able to continue developement/work on normal corrections but you will not be able to release any transport requests/create transport of copies so your testings in QA will be limited.

In phase GoLive you are able to import requests into production.

Normal Corrections which have not been released yet are not lost. Depending on your scenario you may switch phases back to "in dev with rel." after you imported into production

try this

Jansi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume that after Go live the implementation project ends. Then you can open a maintenance project when needed.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

in an ideal world you would be rigth, but unfortunately every implementation project has a peculiarity. So not always you can close the project also because there are some requeste wich are still opened. I think that in ChaRM should be the possibility If there are still any open transport requests, you have to return to the Development with Release phase and repeat the process, including the Test phase, to ensure that any open requests can be released and transported. Have you ever check this functionality?

Regards,

Bob