cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an interective PDF at the User End

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently made 2 page Offline Interactive PDF's for my organization user to fill in customer details and return to me.

My problem is that users would like to save a copy of the form whilst they are entering the information and they only have Adobe Reader. they don't have permission to have acrobat professional for security reasons.

Can anyone help me with how i got my interactive PDF back with full of information from user side.

Regards,

shri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to user interactive Forms (licensed credentials are necessary).

Still you have to edit the printreport with the params fillable = 'X' and dynamic = 'X'

The ADS generates at runtime the saveable forms. Without the credentials, you can't save the input data.

If the form is interactive, you have the saveable function also with the classic reader!

If you want to play the data back to sap, you can use emails or webservices!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to save Adobe Form in XML format on user PC and they will send the XML file to me. for this i can save data in our SAP system by XML file. Then Adobe Form could be saved Without the credentials on User's PC.

If it can be provide me the whole scenario and some documents for the same.

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>Is there any way to save Adobe Form in XML format on user PC and they will send the XML file to me.

you can save the form data in xml format.. for this, in the adobe reader. in the menu: Document->Forms->Export Data

(also you can see the program FP_PDF_TEST_03 using tcode SE38)

regards,

BJagdishwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen this program. but it can be done on SE38. i want to do this on my Validate button in ADOBE FORM because it is a

offline interactive form.

How it is possible??? is there any JAVA Script code for this?

and the second option . "in the menu: Document->Forms->Export Data" is not available on Adobe reader 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

Not sure if you have checked the Email button would give what you want.

In the library pallete there is a button called "Email Submit Button" . When the user clicks on it, an email will be sent to th address that is mentioned in the object properties of "Email submit button"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpitha,

i traied "Email Submit Button" and it save a xml file on to desktop.

i gave a Email address on object properties of "Email submit button".

When i am clicks on it, email is not sending to the address that is mentioned in the

object properties of "Email submit button". I am using IBM Lotus 8.5 Version.

can u explain the full working of "Email Submit Button".

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Shri

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether Lotus Notes is THE default Email client setup on your machine by going to Internet Explorer --> Properties --> Programs Tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i already said, you can use email or webservice to get the xml back.

For emails, you have to check what Chintan said. If notes is the default client, the "New Message" Tab will popup with the email adress already entered and the xml-file as an attachment. You have to send the email manually!

Please give feedback!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you, now my problem has been resolve......