cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert notification configuration for Deadline

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in SRM7.0. For Sc and PO,I have to send alert when the workitem is not processed for 48 hours. I did the configuration in SPRO. The system is trying to send the alert. Whne I check the log in SLG1, it is giving the error message as 'No alert category found'.

When I check the SOST, I see mails with subject 'Alert could not be delivered. Please check document &OBJECT_ID&'. All are in

error status. The send method used is 'RML'. I could see the message 'Cannot process message, no route from <user1> to <user2>.

In SCOT, there is no node created under RML.

Can anyone help me in configuring this alert notification for deadline?

Thanks,

Sivagami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

I changed from 'Alert' to 'Notification' and it works fine when defining the deadline time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First , the event schema has to be there in Transaction Type of the application document for whihc you are tracking the deadline notifications.

Then configure the event deadline in IMG> SRM Server> Cross Application Basic Settings --> Business Workflow > Process Controlled Workflow> Business Process Configuration -->Define Deadline of Events.

As a check, you can check the event config in IMG> SRM Server> Cross Application Basic Settings -->Event and Event Schema for Alert Management --> Define Recipients of Notifications..

In this config we find the Alert settings for different alert scenarios

Regards

Virender Singh

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all teh settings mentioned in your reply already. Is there any seetings that we need to do particularly for sending alerts because we are receiving notification mails. Only alerts are not sent. Also alerts are sent using 'RML' and not 'INT' which is used for send ing notifications.

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the receiver's communication method in SU01 and BP.

I think those users have RML communication method.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you Verify your configuration in IMG > Application Server>Basis Services-->Generic Business Tools --> Alert Management

These configurations are required for you to set up Deadline monitoring

1. IMG activity Define Transaction Types

2. IMG activity Define Events

3. IMG activity Define Alert Categories - In the event schema the alert categories are assigned as Subcategories only to events that are to generate alerts. They determine the recipients and the subscribers ( Subscription) and also the short and long text of the alerts. SRM supplies a predefined alert category for the relevant object type in the classification SRM Alerts and you can copy and modify this.

This is done in Event Control for the Object TYpe and Event Schema Combination in Deadline Monitoring COnfiguration under Process Controlled workflow configuration. Make sure each event which you are scheduling is having a Event Category and Subcategory of the Event. Seems you are missing something here.

For more information, see the Help Portal under

http://help.sap.com/ -> SAP R/3 Enterprise, Release 4.70 -> SAP-NetWeaver Components -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basis-Services / Communication Interface -> Business Workplace and Services -> Alert Management -> Alert Category

4. Then you schedule Background job for generating Deadline Alerts. Job SWWDHEX is schedule for this purpose. This is done in Automatic Workflow Customizing(SWU3) --> Maintain Runtime Environment -->Schedule Background job for Missed Deadlines

See also

Note 1051787 - SRM notifications not displayed in UWL

Regards

Virender Singh