cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to EDI Seeburger Mapping Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to seeburger, Currently I am working on PAYEXT IDOC to EDI scenario using seeburger adapter.

As per my little knowledge i can understand that i need two step mapping:

1) IDOC XML to EDI XML

2) EDI XML to EDI

Now the problem is how can i do 1st mapping if i have to do 1:1 mapping in PI mapper than it will be a tedious task as I dont know which idoc field is mapped to which EDI XML field.

Also i dont know how i can map the 2nd mapping.

when we installed seeburger adapter than i got three files from basis guys related to PAYEXT

msg_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xml

msg_XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xml

XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xsd

Note: I imported .xsd file in IR, but i dont know what to do with these xml files.

Please experts reply soon as it is delaying my project

Regards,

Shradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Can you please tell me any other way to do this mapping as in my case there is no functional expert available

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check with field description those are well maintained in IDOC as well as EDI xsd.

in most of the cases you need not to maintain all the fields - check the EDI file format which are the segment you required and find the corresponding fields from IDOC.

or consult me.... just joking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply, i will try to do the mapping and consult you again for any issues

I have one more question, as you know seeburger gives me three files.

msg_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xml

msg_XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xml

XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xsd

What is the work of each file?

I have little idea about XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xsd, I can use this file as target structure in message mapping (IDOC to EDI XML) in PI. Am i right?

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

For IDOC to Edi scenario, you just need the xsd Structure of Target Edi file e.g XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xsd.

I believe the Idoc Structure has already available under 'imported objects' in your IR.

For Target Edi , you need to import XML_PAYEXT_UN_D96A.xsd as External Defination.

Now you just need to create 1 message mapping between IDOC & External Defination.

Definately You should ask for the Mapping Specification from your functional consultant.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shradha,

You can check the seeburger software component versions where all the mappings would be provided by Seeburger as part of the package.

You can have a look whether PAYEXT is there and would be useful

To start with

1. You need a functional or EDI Business analyst to guide you on the various mapping specifications needed.

2. You should also liase with your business partners to prepare an business rules and other conditions.

3.Also decide whether you are going to deliver it via AS2 communication or via VAN

4. Accordingly you need to configure the seeburger adapters.

5.The mappings provided to you are from XML to EDI and EDI to XML which is a second stage automatically done by seeburger once you specify the module steps in the comms channel.

I am afraid that without knowing business rules or mapping specifications, you can't work on EDI.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I generated PAYEXT Edi file without help of any functional consultant(esp. in PI mapping).

Although its tough, but i am able to manage.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i told you before that i am using seeburger with XI and i imported .xsd file in my XI external definition.

Now if i have to do 1:1 mapping (graphical mapping) of my IDOC XML with EDI .xsd than it will be difficult for me. As nobody knows here which idoc field mapped with which edi.xsd field

Is there any message mapping available which i can use. Or if i have to create that message mapping in Seeburger BIC than how i can create with above mentioned 3 files.

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

Can you tell the requirment in details?

If you need to just go for graphical mapping(1:1) , then simply import the idoc in the source and EDI in the target and just map it.

If any other functionality is there, kindly suggest..you may need to write UDF or so.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i told you before that i am using seeburger with XI and i imported .xsd file in my XI external definition.

Now if i have to do 1:1 mapping (graphical mapping) of my IDOC XML with EDI .xsd than it will be difficult for me. As nobody knows here which idoc field mapped with which edi.xsd field

Is there any message mapping available which i can use. Or if i have to create that message mapping in Seeburger BIC than how i can create with above mentioned 3 files.

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) this is the area in which you require help from functional consultant - check the description of EDI fields and description of IDOC fields - based on that functional consultant will able to map the things.

2) EDI xml to EDI - you will get this as standard, just need to mention in modules tab of communication channel.