SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate capital budget and expense budget in BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

i had a doubt , your inputs are required.

How to differentiate capital budget and expense budget in BCS

Thanks

Alok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is clear and to meet this requirement you have to use standard functionality of FM. If you have specific issue to pose, please do so.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, specify your requirement... In BCS you have a lot of functionalities to manage budget in sophisticated way. You can define different addresses, different budget types, document types, etc.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

As Eli said there are several standard functionalities to differentiate the capex & Procuement budget. Like you can create Funds for differentatite the CAPEX and PUR. Maintain Budget against FUND / FUND CENTRE / COMMITMENT ITEM.

Rgds

SumaMani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Thanks for the reply

My requirement is :

Every plant has some service and some production department

and before the year begning every department gives its budget for the next year for capital and expense.

Those proposed budget is then sanctioned and passed.

One way of capture this process in sap is

Create fund center to every department and every expense budget can be uploaded to that fund center and approved.

As department has both type of budget how can i diffentiate at the time of upload of budget at fund center because the fund center will be same.

Second this how a system will understand to at what time to check the capital budget or expense budget.

Thanks

alok gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks suma

As we are not public sector but we have to use BCS functionality for budget control,hence i am not unsing fund for it .

I am restricted myself to fund center and commitment .

And create every department as fund center and expense gl as commitment item.

Our client has different budget to capital and expense.

main issue with me howand when to determine the budget check at actual entries for capital and expense budget.

thanks

alok

0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the understanding that i can have from the inputs provided by you , you are moving ahead with a combination of Fund center and commitment item .

Is it the case that for capital items your GL account would be diffrent as compared to the expense item .

If that is the case then you can create different commitment item based on the GL and accodingly maintain the derivation strategy .

Hope this suffices .

Regards ,

Dewang.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is clear and to meet this requirement you have to use standard functionality of FM. If you have specific issue to pose, please do so.