cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to understand the difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please let me know while doing the fresh installation of ESO 5.0, what is the difference between the "Install Baseline Database" and <FCIHOMEDIR>\bin \dbimport.bat -> fciinstall.jar/scripts/product/install_root.xml.

Please explain.

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install baseline option is selected usually if you are installing the software for the first time. Baseline Install creates all the database objects in the backend (Oracle or DB2). It is highly recommended that one should not select that option if you are upgrading the software because it will wipe out the entire database values.

install_root.xml is a script that created all the dabase objects when you execute the dbimporter executable.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parankush,

Excellent....I appreciate that.

Could you also please let me know which of the below check boxes I need to select when I am going to "Upgrade".

-Update Java Home - Sets Java Home For Use By SAP E-Sourcing Utilities.

-Include custom Jar(s). .................We have custom JARs so I will select this.

-Set Application Context - Set This To Run In A Non-default Context. ............FYI we donot have the context so please advise.

-Update Database Login Info.

-Update WAR and EAR files.

-Change Session Timeout.

I'll also be very thankful if you could please tell me what should i select for the question where it asks "Please select a database character set". I assume it should be Multibyte, but just want to make sure.

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update EAR and WAR files is the only important option that you need to select for Upgrades.

Its harmless to choose any of the options that you have listed below execpt install baseline.

When you select other options make sure to populate all relevant information. For instance, if you chose update database login, provide all database relevant information including hostname, port, user id and password.

for instance session time out 60 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Parankush,

I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)