Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MPS and MRP question

Hi all,

There are two kinds of planning run (i.e. MPS and MRP). I have few questions on this.

1 - Do I need to setup two background jobs, one for MPS job, and another follow by MRP job, in the system?

2 - Can I just run MPS using MD40 (total MPS run) without perform MRP run (i.e. using any of the MD02)?

3 - Does MPS ONLY plan one level only? in another word, all the second level onward will require another separate MRP run to show all the subsequent level dependent requirement?

4 - if there is one FG, and it has 2nd level of semi-FG bom compenent, the semi-FG has another level of semi-FG and subseuqently Raw material level. In this kind of scenario with many level, it is good practise and it SHOULD use MPS to first plan for the first level FG? and later subsquent level use MRP to plan? Am I correct?

thanks.

tuffy

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Tuffy,

1 - Do I need to setup two background jobs, one for MPS job, and another follow by MRP job, in the system?

It dependents on business requirement

But yes you can set up two seperate background jobs

2 - Can I just run MPS using MD40 (total MPS run) without perform MRP run (i.e. using any of the MD02)?

Yes you can

3 - Does MPS ONLY plan one level only? in another word, all the second level onward will require another separate MRP run to show all the subsequent level dependent requirement?

Yes

Also we have option to take to lower level component level in MPS

4 - if there is one FG, and it has 2nd level of semi-FG bom compenent, the semi-FG has another level of semi-FG and subseuqently Raw material level. In this kind of scenario with many level, it is good practise and it SHOULD use MPS to first plan for the first level FG? and later subsquent level use MRP to plan? Am I correct?

Yes you are correct

But again here the catch would be whether to define materail at MPS level or not

It again depends on business requirement

Regards

Madhu

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question