cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate agreement settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thr,

I settled a rebate, but later found out the rebate recipient is different. I cancelled the credit memo but did not realize that I had to cancel the credit memo request. So this morning another credit memo was created which I cancelled and the credit memo request I made its items zero. I thought the funds would go back to the rebate but the rebate is still showing settled.

Could someone please let me know if after settlement a rebate credit memo is cancelled, will the money go back to the rebate? Where can I check as to where the money has gone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As soon as you click on execute final settlement the agreement status gets changed to D. The status D does not allow for any kind of changes in the rebate. A final settlement is only to be executed once you have decided to pay the accrual. Anyway once you create the credit memo request and the credit memo you cannot cancel the credit memo request. You have to finish the whole flow.

Thanks

Indranil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The accrual would not get posted back to the rebate once you create the final settlement request. The system makes the rebate non editable after this and changes the status to D (settled). The way out is as follows:

1. Make credit memos item as zero and then post the credit memo for zero.

2. Create a new rebate agreement with reference to the old one. Everything (conditions, recipient, validity, customers) would get copied.

3. Once copied save it and run VBOF. The accruals would be re posted once again. (No manual accruals can be reposted though- only accrual through actual invoices).

4. Settle the rebate for the correct amount.

Regards

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I cancel the credit memo & credit memo request created for a rebate agreement & I dont want to change the rebate reciepent.

I just want to change the payment method or settlement material, can't we use the same rebate agreement.

Why do we need to create a new reabte agreement w.r.t my previous rebate agreement.

Thanks for your inputs !!!

Saurav Singh

Edited by: Saurabh_suvy on Sep 21, 2010 9:01 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the OSS note 918627 as this may help you to resolve the problem. There is a correction instruction. The note is relevant upto ECC6.