cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement not considered during SNP heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Quota arrangement not considered during SNP heuristic, I have one Destination Location and two Source Location and want to disribute the receipts between two plants, Tlane are exist between the locations, and quota arrangement is exist for that material in the demand location.

Still this quota will not considered during SNP heuristic, So Experts is there any special setting has to be done in product master or any other areas, Please advice.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

There is no direct setting in product master related to quota.

Please check validity of the quotas and within quota maintenance transactions ( /SAPAPO/SCC_TQ1), check if the data maintained is consistent or not.

Quota arrangement functionality works well in SNP heuristics.

You may have refreshing look at the SAP Help at quota arrangement:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c7/1b2640cf2eeb01e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satyajit,

I do agree with Mr. Datta that Quota Arrangement does work very well with SNP Heuristics. Anyway, I do have few checkpoints for you which can help you in further investigation:

● Check all areproducts maintained for this location

The system determines the quota arrangement validity for a given location product or planning version in the following sequence:

● If a quota arrangement has been defined for a certain version, the quota arrangement relates to the location product.

● If you choose All Products when maintaining the quota arrangement header data, this entry applies to all location products, provided that no product specific quota arrangement has been defined in the header line.

● If no quota arrangements have been defined for a planning version, the version-independent quota arrangement relates to the location product.

● If you choose All Products in the header line, the quota arrangement relates to the location product.

Hope this helps... grant points if helpful.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Yes, Quota Arrangement works well with SNP Heuristics. But here I am confused a bit. I have two source loc. From one source there is one MOT attached to the lane, and from the other source there are 3 MOT attached to the lane. Now say, I have 100 PC of demand at the destination loc. I have defined 50-50 quota for both the source loc.

Now, Heuristic should propagate this demand to both the location equaly, i.e, 50 to both the location. But its not like that, its generate four PRs, splitting the requirement equally to every MOT. So, PRs generated to one source location for 25 PCs (which has one MOT) and 75 PCs to another source (three MOT , attached to three PRs).

But When I defined the quota and assigned one MOT for the another loc (which has 3 MOT), Its working fine.

I doubt if this is the standard behavior.

Any comments?..

Thanks,

Satyajit

W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Heuristic will definitely honour the quota.

Inbound Quota: Defines which proportion of the reqmts qty should be procured from source locations.

Outbound quota: Defines which proportion of the receipts should be deleivered to destination locations.

Check which quota you have at the location where demand exists.

Thanks,

nandha

Edited by: S.Nandakumar on Sep 8, 2010 6:12 AM

Edited by: S.Nandakumar on Sep 8, 2010 6:12 AM