cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Forecasting results.

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

We generate forecast at Family and Location level in background. Stat Fcst generated will disaggregated by prop factors. If the results are not acceptable for a single product in product family, the planner will run the fcst interactively for that single product using a different forecast profile and saves the data. But next month job is overwriting the results (as the job is run at higher level). Is there way to save the planner interactive results?

Any help is appreciated.

thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Tod, its very help ful. I will work on it and will get back to you, if I need any further info.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I think you can also fix cells in the interactive planning. Once user executed the forecast at lower level. They can fix the cell for particular KF. I think once you Fix the cell the values from the KF will not get changed.

I think you can also fix cells using macro. All you need to do is define a simple

macro with singe step and copy "Values" to "Fixed values" of the same

key figure. This you define in "Change of scope" of result row

attribute.

Thanks

Amol

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Datta for responding back. We thought of the same, but it involves additional manual steps for the users, for copying the data etc., Any input from any one is appreciated.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Results in the past will be saved but in future will be overwritten unless the products are excluded from the forecast runs at the high level.

We had similar issue in one of the projects, and could not find ready standard functionlity to exclude products dynamically.

We solved the problem by having one more KF to store the forecasts calculated after the main background job runs.

We then used to copy these to the products' regular kF which was used for further calculations.

Regards

Datta