cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures not appearing in after upgrade to SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP7 Patch4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due to some issues in Advanced search we performed the service pack upgrade from SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP5 (with MDM 7.1.03.72) to SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP7 Patch4 ( MDM 7.1.04.146). With this new SP, the Pictures are not appearing anymore under the Hyperlink section anwhere in Catalog browser( Compare, Context view, Item details). With earlier SP pictures were appearing perfectly.

We have done like this:( refer earlier thread - ) thanks Sudhanshu, Jitesh and Mandeep for suggesting that solution!

Using the hyperlink field

type : rendered

MIME type : image type i.e. .jpg

URL : web URL

We had gone for this option because we dont want to store impages in MDM, and this worked perfoectly until new SP upgrade.

Any clues?

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin.

When you say, images are not appearing in the Web UI, do you get a cross sign in the hyperlink column. If not can you right click on the column and check the properties. you will get a URL. Can you able to launch the URL separately through browser?

Regards

Bala

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Nothing appears under the Hyperlink section in Catalog browser, though a valid link exists in Data Manager under Hyperlink as type-Rendered, MIME type as JPG and a valid URL.

I have searched Service Market place for this fix of this issue and found that SAP has improved the technology ( from Object Cache to Blob Cache) to display pictures/hyperlinks from SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP06 and MDM 7.1SP04 onwards. We were on SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP05 and MDM 7.1 SP03 before Dev upgrade.

Here are the notes for reference of others who get into same issue.

Note 1450593 - Implementation of BlobCache

This note states "MDM7.1 SP04 offers new image caching functionality called Blob Cache. The old functionality of Object Cache is replaced with the Blocb Cache mechanism in Catalog 3.0 SP06 P1"

Note 1505796 - Images not showing in SRM-MDM catalog (error in BlobCache)

This note talks about the issue in MDM API with Blob Cache. The Fix has been provided in SRM-MDM Catalog SP08 Patch 01.

But upgrade is not something that happens on the drop of a hat, we dont want to do another upgrade, I would like to know if there is a workaround.

Thanks

Pravin

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

unfortunately, you may have to upgrade again.. I know how it sounds, we also faced same situation because of some other issue and upgraded twice our MDM server.

I would suggest you to open a message with SAP and check what are their recommendations and solutions..

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Shiv. I have already opened OSS msg for this. Unfortunately this is the way to go it look like. We were upgrading to one service pack to fix the Advanced search issue and during testing we found pictures are not working any more. So now we have to upgrade once again to latest one released very recently.

Note 1450593 - Implementation of BlobCache

This note states "MDM7.1 SP04 offers new image caching functionality called Blob Cache. The old functionality of Object Cache is replaced with the Blocb Cache mechanism in Catalog 3.0 SP06 P1"

Note 1505796 - Images not showing in SRM-MDM catalog (error in BlobCache)

These two notes were released one after another, its OK to understand that there is improved technology from Object cache to Blob cache here, but I would expect SAP to be more diligent in testing the product before releasing service packs/patches. Like I said doing upgrade does not happen at the drop of hat when its live in PROD environment.

I am closing the question.

Thanks

Pravin

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's Very True... I also feel the same..