cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Development Configuration entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used document "How To... Setup CM Services" to configure NWDI with CTS+ for a Portal environment.

My STMS configuration in the CTS+ server looks like this:

EPU -> EPD -> EPQ -> EPP

EPU = Upload System

EPD = Development

EPQ = Quality

EPP = Production

Everything was going ok but by mistake I created the upload system in the CTS+ environment with the option "Create development configuration" and this generated an entry in the Development Configuration of the NWDI which I am not able to erase because the delete option is not active. I have tried to fix it by deleting the system EPU in the STMS of my CTS+ server but even though I no longer see the system in STMS I still see it in the NWDI.

How can I delete Development Configuration entries? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ayax

Edited by: Ayax Morales S?chez on Sep 8, 2010 12:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also try to assign some additional UME actions to your user according to the guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/49/776e8f0c272223e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

If this does not help, then see my previous response.

Regards,

Ervin

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the sake of completeness;

Solution: Direct call to Web Service using the Web Service Navigator:

1) Call http(s)://<host>:<port>/wsnavigator

2) Click on u201CProvider Systemu201D, then u201CSearchu201D, then in the table u201CDIConfigurationServiceViu201D:

3) Click on u201CNextu201D, then u201CdeleteDISystemu201D

4) Click on u201CNextu201D, then remove all u201CSkipu201D ticks, set certificate to u201CanySimpleTypeu201D, u201Cpasswordu201D to the password of the system, u201Cuser Nameu201D to the user, u201CsystemIDu201D to the name of the development configuration:

5) Click on u201CNextu201D. The development configuration should now be gone.

Thanks

Kenny

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ayax,

I've just received the info from my developer colleagues, that since these Devconfigs have been created most likely in R/3 system, you can use only the transaction STMS to delete these configurations. This case it is not possible to delete the development configurations from the UI you also sent the screenshot about.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ayax,

yes, as per the screenshots you have sent in the ticket now it is clear that this is about CM servies. I ask around and then let you know in the ticket as well as here.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you meant that you cannot delete tracks in CMS webui which have been created when working with cts+, then perhaps your user does not have the corresponding rights to do that. Please ensure that you attempt the deletion with NWDI admin user, see

#840523 - NWDI server configuration: user, group and security role

See also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/94/6c7b401c976d1de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

If this is not the case then I believe it is worth to raise the same question in the cts+ forum.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

I mean CM Services, not CMS. Since SAP NW CE 7.2 the CM Services should be used instead of CMS.

Regards,

Ayax