cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Part and Product Management Certifications for UL, CE and so on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guruu2019s,

We are looking to utilize our SAP system to manage our UL, CE and other compliance and certifications for parts that belong to a bill of material. I was not sure the best way to approach this to include specification checks and balances that could be integrated into the material BOM. \

I'm juggling through multiple process scenario's and solutions that may include: SAP DMS Classification or QM-CA (Quality Certificates) u2013 or maybe I need all of these. Since SAP provides multiple ways to solve the same problem, I was hoping that someone could stear me in the right direction.

Would you be able to share what you may be doing to manage these documents and processes as it relates to materials?

Thank you,

Ed

Edited by: Ed Bunn on Sep 7, 2010 4:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ed,

A lot depends on your exact requirements and how you ultimately use these certifications. Are these certs that just need to be on file? Are they required to be referred to or referenced during prodcution? Are there values on the certs somebody needs during production? Do the certifications expire and the item needs recertification? These are just some of the questions I woudl start with.

Some of the areas you can consider:

1) For each batch (might be a batch of 1 item), add the certs as PDF's in services for object

2) Use QM incomig cert functionality in record cert and save images of them

3) If they are general certs, (UL) add them to the material master in services for object

4) use DMS to manage documents and link the documents to the appropriate SAP objects

5) create incoming 01 inspection lots and use characteristics to confirm receipt of each applicable cert. Again attach images to inspection lot via services for object

6) use batch classifiation to indicate cert received and the expiration date of certifcation

These are just some approaches. Some certs may require more than one approach. More than likely you won't have just "one" solution.

FF