cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating BEx Queries in Query Designer connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem finding a BEx query when creating a connection in Designer. I have released the query for external access (checked the "Allow External Access" in the Advanced tab of the Query Properties) but I cannot see the query in the list when creating a connection. I can see it in the BEx Analyser (obviously since I was able to modify and allow external access) but when I see the list of OLAP cubes, there is no plus sign next to the one this query was created in. Doing a search does not find it either. I've had our Security team verify that my ID has access to the role it's in but we still cannot see it when creating a connection. We've tried both "single sign-on and speficied user" type connections. Anyone know what Designer connects to and where it gets the list of OLAP Cubes? Do the cubes themselves need to have any settings changed to see them at that level?

I have done this with several other queries and they worked fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's starnge...

Can you try to create one more new BEx query and checking "Allow External Access" (for the same BEx objects) and see.

As you said, you worked on other queries and did well.

Is it on top of Infocube or Multiprovider or DSO??

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I went in a couple of days after I posted this and for some reason, it was visible! We did nothing that I know of but I can see it now.

Answers (0)