cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use credit card encryption - Cryptographic

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to start encrypting our credit cards numbers. We have downloaded the SAP Cryptographic Library and follwed the instructions in OSS notes 397175, 662340, and 633462. Now once we authorize the credit card number and save the order it changes the number to ***********2005 for example, I am sure if this is correct or if I am missing some configuration. I also need to determine how I can view the original credit card now that the number is encrypted. I feel like I am missing a few steps in the process of using the SAP Crypographic Library but I am not finding any good documentation on the process. I found some OSS notes on SAPGENPSE and TREX, but I am not sure what to do with these or how they should be used. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle Rowatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Please take a look at these threads..

Hope they help you out!

cheers,

Prashanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michelle,

Please make sure you have authorization for activity 'C4' in authorization object V_VBAK_AAT.

The payment card number is displayed in unencrypted format only if the user has the authorization for activity 'C4' in authorization object V_VBAK_AAT. Without this authorization, a masked number is returned.

I hope the above resolves your issue. If not, please do not hesitate to reach me at anytime.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michelle,

This is in continuation to my previous response. Please review OSS note 633462. It does provide a way for you to check and ensure your encryption is working properly.

Ryan