cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend Performance Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spend performance management we have inbound layer, outbound layer, Reporting layer and multiprovider.

Tha data is passing from one layer to another layer i.e inbound to outbound like...

But here my question is where is the data coming from and updated in Inbound layer...

In, Inbound layer consists of all DSO.

Regards

KS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

First of the 3 layers in SPM data model are

1. Inbound Layer

2. Detail Layer

3. Reporting Layer

The data for Inbound layer is coming through a bunch of API's that are specifically build for SPM. Also notice that the inbound layer DSO objects are direct update making it not available for loading using standard transformation / DTP's.

There are several articles posted on SDN here that will explain the architecture and data model in detail.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add to to Rohit's Response. As he mentioned, data into Inbound layer is via Direct Update  when you trigger data load from SPM UI there are a bunch of API's that run in the background and get data nd update the Inbound DSO's.

Next would be moving Data to Detail layer. We do something called as SEND Process in SPM UI and that generates E files in the application server. Then we load these E Files ( Raw Data Files - Out of Inbound DSO's ) , we do Data Standardization and Enrichment basically Data Cleansing of E files and then load these E flles back and thats when we move the data into detail layer DSO's.

Next would be reporting layer , here we move data from Detail DSO to Cubes using the process of release to reporting and thats when Data Classification happens and this would also ensure that data is available for reporting .

@ Rohit correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Manjunath B Patil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please give me some links where i can read about this ? We wanted to learn more on SPM.

Thanks,

Sri