cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports and Universe Connection (Access DB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use a universe as a data source for Crystal Reports 2008. The universe is defined on a simple relational Access DB table (.mdb file which resides on the server). After selecting the universe as data source, I can select measures and attributes from it, but after clicking "ok" I am getting the error "Fehler bei Anmeldung." ("Logon failed.").

Please note that although I am connecting to a relational (not OLAP!) DB, SAP-Note

" 1363326 - Error: Logon failed on Crystal Report conecting to OLAP Universe."

describes exactly the error I am facing (except that this note is for OLAP universes).

The universe works fine if I use it in WebI as data soruce.

Which universes can Crystal Reports 2008 actually use in general?

Are there any special restrictions for the data model?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Make sure that the Access DB is accessible also from the local workstation the CR Designer is installed on.

In fact I would recommend to setup your universe connection to you the generic ODBC driver and setup a system DSN for accessing the DB once on your BO server and once on your client. Make sure to use the same DSN name in both cases.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Install Crystal report 2008 SP3 then your problem solved

Thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Crystal Reports 2008 SP03 (plus SAP. Int. Kit SP03) - I still have the same error and cant use Universes as data sources. Are there any other ways to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, there are no restrictions in using universes as data sources in Crystal Reports.

Seems a wierd error. Did you log a ticket to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I am having a similar issue. Is this 'Logon Failure' issue resolved. If yes, can you please explain how.

Thanks

-abhi

0 Kudos

Moved to the Universe Designer forum