cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot for Coproduct / Byproduct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a PP-PI landscape, where main product and coproduct are produced for a process order and both are subjected to quality control.

Requirement is that inspection lots for main and coproduct are created "in advance" using the early lot creation indicator "Y" in material master. This is working for the main product but for coproduct the inspection lot is created at the moment of Good receipt, as if "Y" indicator could not be applied for coproduct.

Do you have any hint on this scenario ? I guess that I can include characteristics in master recipe as a way of having the inspection lot at order creation, but the idea is to have two inspection lots related to the order.

Thanks for your advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question. I don't think you'll get an early lot created for the co-product. I would suggest a search of OSS and see if this was brought up before.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close the issue, SAP informs that early lot creation is not intended for coproducts, so these have to be managed manually or using some exit....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update! The 04 lot will be created autoatically if you do the GR for the co-product correct? It's just that you can't get an early lot created for it.

If that is the case, you might be able to use a user exit at the time of the process order release to immediately receive 1 lb of the co-product to create the 04 lot. Then when the final amount is known, they receipt one less pound.

FF