cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product categories are not dispalyed in different log on languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SRM 5.0 system - classic scenario. Our client has companies in different countries and users log on in their local language if it is one of the standard SRM, otherwise they use English which is the default system language.

When they log on in English, they can display all product categories replicated from R/3 system. If they log on in any of the other languages, for example Poland or German, no product categories are displayed.

In R/3 system, material groups are created with description only in English. If I try to create PO and I log on in German I will see only the material number.

I have performed the following test: with my user I log on in English and execute function module BBP_GET_ALL_CATEGORIES_F4, material groups are displayed.

When I log on in German and try to execute the same FM no data is returned.

If a default material group is maintained to my position in organizational structure, when I am selecting item form the catalog and data is return to the SRM, system assigns the GUID of this material group, which later one is converted in the correct material number when order is transferred to R/3. But I I try to create shopping cart from describe requirement functionality I can not see it.

Have any of you face this problem? And any suggestions how to solve it?

Thanks,

Desislava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

comm_hierarchy

can you see as German language

BBP_GET_ALL_CATEGORIES_F4

in t002 t - G AS GERMAN I COULD SEE

IV_LANGUAGE - TAKEN FROM T002T -SPARS TABLE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem lies with Materials Groups not maintained in German in your backend system.

Maintain the material groups in all the languages which are used by your users in SRM system in order for them to have access to the respective product categories in SRM while creating Application Documents.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the description of one of the material group in German, but I was not able to display it in SRM.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Regards,

Desislava