cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraneous "FAX=+" prefix when sending faxes via SMTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of evaluating GFI FaxMaker for SMTP/Exchange for sending faxes from SAP via SMTP with an Exchange 2003 server. Sending faxes with Outlook works fine.

After configuring SAPconnect to use the correct domain (faxmaker.com in this case), the emails get sent correctly, however the recipient address is formatted in a way that can't be interpreted by the fax software. The emails are sent to addresses in the format "FAX=+<fax number>@faxmaker.com", but the fax server only accepts formats like "<fax number>@faxmaker.com" or "fax:<number>".

Does anybody have experience in configuring faxing by SMTP with similar software? Is there a way to deal with the "FAX=+" prefix in the email address?

Best regards,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the previous answer is untrue. You can modify the sending address format. please enter:

$@<domain> to the conversion into internet Address >> Domain field in Tr. SCOT.

If you still have questions do not hesitate.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deszo, your solution worked perfectly!

Thanks!

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Dezso, worked also fine for us!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using a cycos ums server connected to exchange which requires the fax format MRS:FAXG3/faxnumber. I've tried several ways to code this convention in the domain name field, but without success. Beside this thread, I haven't found any documentation about the naming / coding convention for the doman field. Does anybody know, if (and how) it is possible to code this convention in the domain field.

Regards, Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Lange on Mar 16, 2010 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I define my name of dominion as $@faxmaker.com but in the numbers of my country she clears + and the fax is given back. As the area code of country for the local numbers can be eliminated?

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I understand well your problem is the missing + sing.

In this case you can use +$@domain.com.

Best regards,

Dezso

loris_gallo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem, but when I insert "$@domain.com" , in my exchange server arrived with "2B<numerfax>@<domain>".

The + sign is convert in Hexadecimal ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are facing similar problems and I would appreciate, if you could share your experience.

When you send the fax message from SO00 transaction or by sending Purchase Order as fax, System sends the recipient address as

"BH 17884621 FAX=+97317884621@domain.com" to the mail server via SMTP.

Mail server is not able to interpret this format especially BH 17884621 and results in failure. I am not sure how to supress this...

As per Mr.Dezso Pap recommendation, I even tried defining domain name as $@domain.... but system ignores the country code details and duplicates the telephone number as 9731788462117884621....

I would very much appreciate, if you could provide possible solution.

Regards

Kumar

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please turn on the level 3 trace for the ICM reproduce the problem and check how the address leaves the SAP System?

As I wrote above the $ will be replaced with the internation faxnumber all other parts of the entry in Tr. SCOT will be passed as written.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

If your software is listed in the http://www.sap.com/partners/software/directory/, it should be able to handle the "FAX=+' prefix format.

If your soft cannot handle this prefix, I think it's up to you to change the standard SAP coding in order to remove the prefix... Had a similar issue with the SMS prefix.

regards,