cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information needed on integration to Websphere MQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

We currently only have an SAP ERP system in our environment. We need to interface with external partner which only allows communication via Websphere MQ.

My questions are:

1.) Do we need to install SAP PI in order to communicate with Websphere MQ via the JMS adapter, or is there another reliable way without PI?

2.) What is the role of the WMQ client? Can we only install this and not use PI, or is it required together with PI, or does PI replace the functionality of WMQ client?

Thanks and regards

Wilhelm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wilhelm,

I think PI makes totally sense in this case, especiall if you don't have any other establised middleware that is able to communicate with SAP AND MQ Series.

WMQ Client is basically the client API to access MQ Queues. You can import that as external library and use it with the PI JMS Adapter.

If you have already another middleware that you use to connect to other applications with your ERP it d make sense to take a look if that one supports MQ integration (which is quite likely).

Of course all of that could be done by Java custom coding "by hand" too (e.g. running on a SAP Java Web As and expose it via JCO to your ERP).

However the effort of implementing that and the operational aspects (you have monitoring, guranteed delivery, etc in PI out of the box) doesn't make much sense in that case.

With best regards

Sebastian

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> My questions are:

> 1.) Do we need to install SAP PI in order to communicate with Websphere MQ via the JMS adapter, or is there another reliable way without PI?

If you want to integrate SAP ERP with MQ, you can any middleware , but preferable SAP PI,because SAP PI makes integration simple when SAP System integration involved .

> 2.) What is the role of the WMQ client? Can we only install this and not use PI, or is it required together with PI, or does PI replace the functionality of WMQ client?

WMQ client is one tool, it allowa you t0o builc code using MQ liabraries, using this tool and code you can send data to MQ and even you can Pull the data.

Regards,

Raj