SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Self Service - COS Approval Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied the COS Workflow - 29800009 to a custom one and activated the Event Linkage. Now from portal i have executed the COS WDA - PIQ_ST_COS. The event is triggered and i can see the workflow log from SWI1. But i cant find any data in the container.

Did i miss anymore steps ?

I even checked with the standard Work Flow. Even then no values are set in the container in SWI1 log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

What are the steps that you performed in the PIQ_ST_COS webdynpro?

Did you test it directly via the webdynpro with a change of an already registered specialization?

br,

Rob

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

What are the steps that you performed in the PIQ_ST_COS webdynpro?

Did you test it directly via the webdynpro with a change of an already registered specialization?

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

HI Jonkers,

I logged on to the portal with my user ID. At the user Profile a student is assigned for my user ID. For that student, a prgm is registered and also a specialization is assigned. I tested the COP. It worked fine. Now to test the COS, when i clicked on Change of Specialization, i have changed the specialization through the series of steps from WDA. When i saw in SWI1, Work FLow triggered. BUt no data is set in the contianers.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Can you please execute the following checks/steps:

- Start trx PFTC_CHG;

- Open the WS######### (your copy of the original COS);

- Go to triggering events tab;

- Select the first binding;

- Click on the 'green' button (third one);

- Check all the bindings here and make sure a binding exist between the data the you expect in the wfdata container.

Br,

Rob

0 Kudos

I have checked the Event Linkages under the Triggering events in PFTC_CHG. The parameters are binded and the Status is in Green Color.

Even now the values are not set in the WF Container.

Also once a COS Request is submit, the WD shows the list of previous submitted requests. Those requests also are not shown. When i debugged, i found the FM - HRIQ_RFC_WF_HEADERINFO_READ where in the data is fetched from the tables SWFDEVENA - Event Linkages / SWWWIHEAD. The data from the Second table is fetched based on the WF Task and the "User Who Created the Work Item". When i saw the details of the table for the WF task, the user who created the WI is found as WF-BATCH. So the data is not fetched.

But when i create the Event Manually from SWUE, all the values are set in the WF Container. .... Strange thing ....

Edited by: Manjunath CN on Sep 26, 2010 7:42 AM

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

If you look into the wdpro PIQ_ST_COS the method to trigger the event is found in view 'step4'. Here you have the method ONACTIONTO_NEXT_SCREEN. The following code is called to trigger the wf;

* Call the trigger method to fire the workflow

CALL METHOD wd_comp_controller->mr_cos_model->trigger_cos

EXPORTING

it_specializations_new = lt_specializations_new

it_specializations_old = lt_specializations_old

it_wf_new_spec_texts = lt_new_spec_wf_texts

it_wf_old_spec_texts = lt_old_spec_wf_texts

iv_keydate = wd_comp_controller->mv_keydate

iv_student_objid = wd_comp_controller->mv_student_id

iv_program_objid = wd_comp_controller->mv_program_id

iv_plvar = wd_comp_controller->mv_plvar

iv_istat = wd_comp_controller->mv_istat

IMPORTING

et_return = lt_return.

In the end FM HRIQ_RFC_COSREQ_SEND is called from the method above. Via this FM all of the data is set correct for the event container, the even container is created and eventually the event is created. Please debug this method mentioned and check if the container is filled with data. Maybe you will find your issue here (in restrictions for calling the wf?).

Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already debugged that method and found that all the values are set in the event container before the event is raised.

I observed the same problem even to the standard WF also ......

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath CN ,

Looking at all the steps you performed I suggest you create an OSS message.

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

I remember we have implemented an SAP Note for the issue in my previous implementations....There was a correction given for the program for EHP4. May be you can search for the notes in service portal. I can't give you the note No right now.

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Got the SAP Note. Thanks for the suggessions.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

I assume you refer to note 1520906 - Change of Specialization not triggering workflow?

Best regards,

Rob