cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business content for Article master no longer provided for SAP MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Until SAP MDM 5.5, there was a business content for Article master (SAP Retail). However, from SAP MDM 7.1 release, this business content is no longer provided.

1) Any reasons for this?

2) Can we still use the business content for Article master in SAP MDM 7.1 ?

Regards

Neelesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelesh,

Until SAP MDM 5.5, there was a business content for Article master (SAP Retail). However, from SAP MDM 7.1 release, this business content is no longer provided.

1) Any reasons for this?

Ans : Artical master(SAP Retail) is nothing but product master

refer Note 1252846 and download attachment file

1. Field Mapping_CheckTables_Product.zip

2. Content string.Zip

provided link as follows but require SMP Login

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001827872008E

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1252846

2) Can we still use the business content for Article master in SAP MDM 7.1 ?

Ans : Yes, You Can use the business content for Article master in SAP MDM 7.1

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thanks very much

Regards

Neelesh

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please read SAP Note 1276909 for more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

Thanks for your reply.

However, i kind of disagree with the 1st answer that the Article master is the Product master in MDM 7.1.

The reason is that the Product master data uses Idoc - MATMAS (extracted from SAP ERP) whereas the Article master requires Idoc - ARTMAS (extracted from SAP Retail). These idocs are not the same.

However, as mentioned by you, I also believe it is possible to use the "old" business content for Article master that was provided with SAP MDM 5.5 in the new MDM 7.1 environment.

My key issue is that the SAP MDM business content for Article master may not be in line with the enhancements to the SAP Retail application (Article master), just as the recently revamped business content for other master data objects like Material, Customer, etc in MDM 7.1.

Regards

Neelesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelesh,

i thought you are using SAP ERP system, As we are using GDS Product repository for retail purpose

it seems many simlier fields are exist in both SAP ERP and SAP Retail System

so i got confuse, i agree with your objection on 1st point

and your concern over 2nd point, if you want to upgrade your version 5.5 to 7.1 rebuild data modeling by utilizing MDM7.1 feature as per your buisness requirement or you need to wait till SAP to introduce Article master

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel