cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reserve a dialog wp for basis/administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem in seldom circumstances all our DIA wp are used and we as the SAPBasis team cannot logon to the system as we canu2019t get a wp, therefore it is a little hard to investigate what is actually going on.

Is there a way to reserve or lock a DIA wp for a user or the administrators. In this way we always would be able to log on to the system.

Note we are running on iSeries if there is something special here.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible, but you can always use the dpmon tool to check what is blocking the workprocesses. It is part of the kernel. You can stop/kill workprocesses as well with it. You need to call it from the OS with the sidadm user.

sidadm> dpmon pf=<instance_profile>

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thank you for your answer.

I have been looking at the DPMON tool and looks promising, I would like to have some documentation on the DPMON tool, I have been searching in help.sap.com and SDN but did not find the documentation, I off cause used the dpmon u2013h but it is actually not saying that much.

Do you have a link or something to the documentation ?

Regards

Stig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition you can use the SAP MMC. This also tells you which user has occupied load and all, this also gives you the process id, If you want you can kil the process at the os level .

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no official documentation for those tools, i can see only this note [42074 - Using the R/3 dispatcher monitor 'dpmon'|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/42074]

But the usage is quite easy, the menu is more or less self-explanatory... so just press 'm' for the menue, then l - work-process-admin-table (long)

Cheers Michael

EDIT: btw, i suddenly remembered there was a report to block a certain workprocess. I did some research and found it again, it is called RSTRC000. But you won't be able to really use it, because you have to be logged in already. For completeness sake i cross link this older thread here

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No way to reserve a wp!

Would have been nice.

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hej Stig.

If you want to have one WP exclusive for you, you have to run RSTRC000 in SE38.

Mark the 'Keep Work process' with a X and SAVE, and a workprocess will be yours exclusive.

See the warning note in the top of the screen!

You will now se a workprocess with the status 'On Hold' 'LOCK' if you start SM50 in a new session.

This status will be held until you logoff the MODUS in where you ran the report.

Best regards,

Teddy Løv Andersen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the load balancing with the help of LOGON GROUPS (t-code smlg)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also reduce other work processes like Upgrade(UPD), Background(BGD),Spool(SPO) and increase the dialog(DIA) by using RZ04 in DAY MODE for the profile.

Regds.,

Kiron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its windows based system than go to Run->CMD-> here go to exe folder where dpmon.exe located

Just type dpmon pf=<instance profile name with path>

here you will get the work process admin.

If its Unix based systemm ,then go to SIDdam >cdrpo ->dpmon pf=<instance profile name>

With Regards

CSK