cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using network costing for cost planning purpose. We are only using internal activities and work centers for that. I am able to see planned and actual cost in project planning board but I am not able see the same in structural view as per the Project versions. I have checked even RPSCO table to see planned value with respect to WBS but here i am not getting any records for the same.

can somebody tell me what I am missing.

Thank you in advance,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you created the project version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah we are using Project versions. I am checking CN41 wherein I am not seeing any planned value for current as well as old versions. If I run cost report in planning board there I am getting plan and actual at activity and WBS level.

Regards,

Pramod

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think we can compare project version and current data in PPB. How are you doing it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I am not doing comparision in PPB, i am seeing only current data in PPB. I am trying to do comparision in CN41 - Structural overview, wherein I can call current as well as version data.

I have stated business case above, problem is we are able to keep track of changing network cost whenever there is proj extension or scope change, so we are using versions.

Pramod

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, If it is status-dependant versions, then you should check the version profile, whether cost indicator is checked or not. If it is not checked then cost information will not be written in project version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Its checked in version profile. I suppose atleast it should show current data in CN41 and write planned data in RPSCO table.

Pramod

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then try CJEN and then see the reports.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is definitive possible to have plan costs on the version ( I assume, you are talking about simulation). Please open the involved simulation project, e.g. using CJ20N, select the network header , run the calculation again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very thnakful to both of you for your help. Problem is resolved. Actually the problem was with database profile I was selecting.

Pramod