cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having Two R/3 Systems. Now from this R/3 Systems We are sending Custom IDOC PO's to our Vendors. Both the IDOC Structure are same .Our R/3 Version is 4.7c.

Now we are bringing in XI to do the above task.

1) How should I build my SLD Entries for the above two r/3 Systems?

2) Can I use the Same Message Mapping for the the Scenario? (the Source Structure is SAME, The Target Structure is SAME, BUT the BUSINESS Rules are Different!!!)

Or

Would it be advisable to two different mappings in place for Maintenance purpose.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can have 2 Business Systems, pointing to 2 different R/3 systems.

If the mapping rules are different, then it is better to use different mappings.

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You will need to have different message mappings as the business rules are different and also thereby different Ineterface mappings.

COming to the SLD, you will need to create 2 Business Systems , ponting to the respoective R3 systems and you will need to have separate configuration in the Integration Directory for both these interfaces.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

1) How should I build my SLD Entries for the above two r/3 Systems?

If it's the same R/3 system with 4.7c then you need one Technical system and two Business system

2) Can I use the Same Message Mapping for the the Scenario? (the Source Structure is SAME, The Target Structure is SAME, BUT the BUSINESS Rules are Different!!!)

If the business rule is different then it's better to make different MM

Regards

vijaya