cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.1 Ehp1 SP5 Check-In error for NW 7 XSS SP16 SC - CAF -EU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm building a track on our new CE 7.1 Ehp1 SP5 CMS and have hit an error when trying to check-in one of software components into the track.

I've based the track creation on the NWDI Cookbook for XSS.

All other SC's checked-in without error but the check-in for the CAF EU 7.00 SC fails with the following error :-

com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'vendor' /Applications/CMS com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Custom1 sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI

error 2010-09-07 07:42:24:080 Internal CMS Configuration Error Exc=java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'vendor' /Applications/CMS/PCS com.sap.cms.pcs.checkin.manager.CheckInManager sap.com/tcSLCMS~PCS

error 2010-09-07 07:42:24:078 while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'vendor' /Applications/CMS/PCS com.sap.cms.pcs.checkin.manager.CheckInManager sap.com/tcSLCMS~PCS

info 2010-09-07 07:42:23:633 comparePRAttributesFromTCSPR: equal /Applications/CMS/TCS com.sap.cms.tcs.core.PropagationRequest.PropagationRequestData sap.com/tcSLCMS~PCS

info 2010-09-07 07:42:12:865 Check-In Manager: checkIn(User=NWDI_CMSADM, DomainName=S01, SystemName=XSSP16_D, FileName=/usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/SAPEU21_0-10003026.SCAReadFromInbox=false) /Applications/CMS/PCS com.sap.cms.pcs.checkin.manager.CheckInManager sap.com/tcSLCMS~PCS

error 2010-09-07 07:41:12:319 It is not possible to get the themepart root URL from the local portal LAFService. The LAFService on the local portal is not available. Most probably there is no portal on the current J2EE Eninge.

All 13 other SC's have been check-in so I only have the problem with theis one SC. I've also tried re-copying the SAPEU21_0-10003026.SCA file into my CMS/inbox directory but the same happens.

Can anyone suggest what can be done to resolve - I'm hoping the error test above regarding no portal being available onm the CE server doesn't mean I need to deploy a portal component on the CE.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

you are absolutely right, indeed it was a wrong delivery in the past. I suggest you to take any other patch level of SAP-EU SP21.

The SC you pointed out cannot be checked in.

It will have no negative inpact on your development.

Best Regards,

Ervin (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29Home)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

many thanks again for your swift response. I have just downloaded Patch 3 for the CAF EU 7.00 SP21 component and placed in the CMS inbox and this has checked-in without error. I'll progress now with the track definition.

Regards,

Brian.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I am glad to hear that I could help.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this have any impacts on the target system where the new development will be deployed. On that environment only the SP21 Path 0 file is deployed. If I use the patched version of the SCA will this cause any consistency issues when the development is deployed ?.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like OSS 1455845 is directly related.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1455845

Regards,

Brian.