Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.ip.bi.alv.pdf.ALVExportPDFException: Unknown Error

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I try to create a pdf from Visual Composer (7.11), the Message above appears and a message that I should read note 990830.

But I've already created the SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF destination.

Creating a pdf document from within a web dynpro application works fine.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated...

Regards, Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I was going to ask you to use Search but found that this thread was not listed in SCN Results. So Google is recommended solution with such errors

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

already know this thread. But the two destinations *ConfigPort_Document * and SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF are already configured. And I think they are configured right.

So there comes up another fatal error in default trace:

failed to create or init instance of model ''com.sap.ip.bi.alv.service.persist.model.Persist'' in scope APPLICATION_SCOPE with instanceId ''<null>'': com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.model.api.WDModelException: failed to create instance of model 'com.sap.ip.bi.alv.service.persist.model.Persist'

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

So I checked the configuration many many times without sucess. The error persists. Any other suggestions?

Regards, Bernd

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So is your ADS configured and missing JCo created as well?

Login to SLD Administration and see if the JCo is listed there ... if not I believe you will need to add it manually.

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

ADS is configured, but in SLD (7.0) on another server there is no such JCo defined. Where should this JCo point to?

In another "system landscape", where is just only one ce 7.11 system with sld installed on the same host, it works fine without any JCo... and the same settings I think.

Thanks ahead

Bernd

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are CE 7.11, I am not so sure if you can use SLD which is on 7.0. I think the central SLD has to be on higher version.

Also try creating the JCo and point it to the CE 7.11 system in your 7.0 SLD system.

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I connected the 7.1 system to the sld located at the other 7.1 system where the pdf creation works fine. And I created the JCo in that newer sld pointing to my app server. No success!

Any more ideas? Anybody need more logs to analyse?

Thanks ahead

Bernd