cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a CUP request with no roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there a a way to create a CUP request only with free text and not with assigned roles? we are trying to find a way to configure that with no luck.

Since the end user does not know which roles he needs the customer asks that he will fill in his request in the free text space

(with the relevant mandatory fields that are in the initial screen) and the first approver will add the relevant roles based on the text that the user entered in the system.

Kind Regards,

Shira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shira,

It is absolutely possible. I am using the same strategy with my client. Just disable the select role option from the End User Request Personalizatoin and make the other relevant fields as mandatory. We are using Request reason text area as a method to capture requirement of end user where he/she will detail the requirement in textual form.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun

I tested your recomandation in our system and all is working great besides the fact that in the first approval stage I can't find a way to force the approver to add roles to the request and I'm able to approve the stage (which is a risk analysis stage) with no roles in it. in the stage configuration there is only an option to allow the approver to change the role content but no way to stop the approver from approving the request without any roles in it.

Best Regards

Shira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shira,

There is no way you can force approver to select roles for the request. The only configuration to force role selection is for requestor. You can stop request submission if there are no roles in the request.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

So this can only be forced by an organizational process procedure?

In fact there is a possibility that a request will be approve despite any roles in it.

How was it done in the customer where you configured the process without submitting roles in the requestor initial stage?

Thank you very much for your help

Shira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shira,

Thats correct, there is no feature to force the approver to select roles prior to approval of the request.

In my case we were using default roles so every request created would have minimum set of default roles available in it. Apart from that, we forced the request to go through the Functional Lead stage who would be responsible to check if correct roles have been assigned to the request by the Functional Executive in the previous stage. Also, since the Functional Lead stage used the approver determinator as Role (role owner defined for roles), if there was no role attached by functional executive in previous stage, he/she would not be able to approve the request without any role as it would not be able to find the approver for the next stage and thus the system will throw error.

We also used the organizational process procedures to educate the functional excutive about their responsibilities of attaching roles to the request. So i would say that combination of factors worked for us in this scenario.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try this configuration, Change request content = 'Yes' and Add role = 'Yes' in the additional configuration of the work flow stage. With this configuration, we allow approvers to add new roles in the work-flow stage.

Thanks

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laks,

This is the configuration we did but if we don't add roles to the request the system allows the approver to submit the request with no roles in it which is the issue.

Thanks,

Shira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shira,

One way I think to handle this to create a detour path for the approver stage, you would have to setup the detour condition as 'No role owners' , then I think WF path takes detour if the approver approves request without selecting any roles. In this case, detour can go to some stage(like sap-security) who can forward request back to approver stage with comments in the request.

We have this kind of setup in our case but for 'Roles with no role owner' scenario.

Thanks

Laks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much