Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 Message Bundling

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

what I'm trying to do is bundle multiple ORDERS05 into one ORDERS05. For instance I have two ORDERS which are identically. Merging them into one message would imply that the WMENG fields, which contain the amount, are added together. How do I implement this? I created a mapping equally to the sap example BpmPatternCollectPayload but only the first message is send and all following are neglected. Up to now I wasn't able to find a possibility to continuously add values stored in a container list.

I've searched after this problem but I couldn't find anything that would solve my problem. If anyone has an idea, feel free to help me out.

Thanks for your attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically this should be really easy to implement with a BPM. You just need to make sure that you define your mapping as a MultiMapping with defining the Input message as "unbounded".

In the BPM you just need to define a Multiline Container that stores the content so the MultiMapping is executed with the collected Inbound messages.

Then you just need to make sure that you only create one IDoc as target and use some add-statements to combine multiple WMENG-Fields to one field.

-

A second option would be to modify the IDoc-Structure with setting the tag "IDoc" to unbounded. Then you can use a first mapping within a BPM to translate the multiple IDocs-mesages to one message with multiple IDoc-Tags.

Then you can use a second mapping to translate this message to your combined message

Greetings

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying bundling of IDocs and sending together:

Please can you have a look at the weblog to avoid BPM.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

This is if you are sending IDocs to SAP

If you need to bundle them and get them from SAP then take a look at this:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I solved the problem by combining the WMENG fields through a sum function and set the context to “Messages”. Simple solution if you know what to do…

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the source message type is 0..ub and the target message type is 0...1.

In order to add all the WMENG fields, into the target field, write a UDF, which will take these nodes as input.

Put them in a string array. Loop through the array and add all the values.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As far as what i have understood, you want to bundle multiple Orders and send it. To acheive this I followed Michal's blog on <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change bundling</a>

Do let me know if it helped.

Regards,

Abhy